• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Automatic Supplier Order

zaher-o

Hello,

I am seting up a store where I don't actually have goods but rather directly order items from the supplier once an order is placed on this online shop.

I have looked for Add-ons to place orders such as "Orders fournisseurs - Suppliers Orders", but it seems the admin needs to manually create the PO. Is there an add-on which automatically places a purchase order to the supplier once an order is placed on the online shop?

Thanks

Hi,

I don't know an addon which does this. But it's no big thing to add another tep_mail to the checkout_process.php (where the mail to your customer is generated) to send an order to your supplier. Collect the data that your supplier needs to fulfill your order, put them into the tep_mail string and then your supplier automatically gets an order whenever a customer orders something in your store.

That's quite simple if you have only one supplier - with several suppliers it would be a little bit more complicated, but not impossible.

J.J.

Is there not a "send extra order email" function? If it's just "one" supplier you could just transfer the order confirmation email directly to you and the supplier. Unless you don't want to send the supplier the exact same email as the customer and you would get. Make sense?

Edited by Tsimi