• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Required product purchase

ryuutakenaka

Hi everyone,

If have searched through forums and add-ons and couldn't find an answer to the following question:

Is there an add-on or a way to configure oscommerce so that it will require my customers to buy a certain product while buying anything from certain product category?

For example, suppose I have categories "fruits" and "vegetables" in my store. If someone buys anything from "fruits" category, it would require him to additionally purchase a set item, i.e. "fruit basket", otherwise refusing checkout.

Thanks,

Ryuu

The point is, I need the customer to buy an dry ice pack when he buys perishable items. However, I need him to buy just 1, no matter how many perishable items he will buy. So, I would need a module to check if any perishable item is in the cart, and if so, require to add one dry ice pack or refuse to checkout. I don't think this contribution will work, but I'll give it a try, thanks!