• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Apple Pay

greasemonkey

Authorize.Net Announces Support for Apple Pay

Not only do we expect Apple Pay to be a leader in mobile and in-app payments, it will be included at no additional cost with your Authorize.Net account.

About Apple Pay

Apple Pay allows you to use your Authorize.Net account to securely accept and process in-app payments from customers with the new iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus. Apple Pay uses the Visa Token Service and similar tokenization solutions developed by MasterCard and American Express.

Benefits of Apple Pay

Apple Pay is a payment solution that replaces sensitive payment information with a digital account number or "token," which is passed in place of the actual card number, helping to make payments more secure.

Additional benefits include:

• A fast, secure in-app purchase experience - eliminates the need to enter credit card information during checkout.
  • New growth opportunities - opens your business to the millions of Apple users expected to purchase the new iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus.
  • Unified reporting - all of your Authorize.Net transactions—online, mobile, in-app and more—in one place.
Signing Up for Apple Pay

There are two steps required to sign up for Apple Pay with Authorize.Net.

• Enable the service in the Merchant Interface. Please check with your acquirer to make sure it supports Apple Pay.
  • Generate a CSR file to upload to Apple. Instructions on how to do this are included on the Apple Pay section of the Merchant Interface and the Apple Pay Getting Started Guide.
Integrating an App with Apple Pay

Once the steps above have been completed, you or your developer can refer to our Apple Pay Developer Page for information on integrating your app with Apple Pay using either our iOS SDK or directly with our AIM API.

If you or your developer have any further questions, please see our Apple Pay product page, our FAQs for merchants or our developer FAQs.

The Future of Mobile Payments

We're looking forward to Apple Pay providing further opportunities for expanding your business and your bottom line.

Thanks for being an Authorize.Net merchant.

Sincerely,

Authorize.Net

@toughmamat thanks kindly. Although I currently don't process with authorize.net its good to know you are close with both parties.

Correct me if I'm wrong (and this leads back to my original question) but isn't Apple Pay only to be offered "in app"? If my understanding of "in app" is correct this will not help the average OsC shop owner and our consumer. They would have to make Apple Pay available from "outside" connections. Example: as a payment option on IOS products (I'm not even sure if that is possible or where Apple is planning to take Apple Pay - it would put them in direct competition with PayPal I would think?)?

I presume I could always make our store available as an "app" - there are several commercial and maybe a few free OsC/catalog apps? However, what is available, doesn't seem widely used and I have yet to see a review of a commercial app to know if they are "real"?

• 3 weeks later...

Archived