• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Has anyone ever used oscommerce on godaddy

patterson

I haven't hosted a site with them but I work on many sites that do. They have always done things a little backwards there, though they are improving. If you decide to host with them, pay for the most expensive plan you can afford. On many hosts, the difference in plans are just things like disk and bandwidth space, but with godaddy, there is a big difference in the speed of the servers they use. Be sure to choose a Linux server and have someone that can handle the technical issues because tech support there is not what it should be. These are just my opinions based on my experience with them so take them for what they are worth.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

All of My Addons

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

Although you may have paid for the hosting, its no excuse to use it, may be cheaper in the long run to avoid them. Ive worked on their servers before, and as already mentioned, they do things backwards.

If you search the forums deep enough you'll find various post concerning godaddy and running osCommerce with them.

Follow the community build:

BS3 to osCommerce Responsive from the Get Go!

Check out the new construction:

Admin Gone to Total BS!

It is usually no problem to run oscommerce on Godaddy hosting, just make sure you have a LINUX plan.

You can then easily install a new oscommerce shop: http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/topic/162231-quick-install-guide/

Or

Transfer over an existing oscommerce shop: http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/topic/82107-how-to-move-oscommerce/

I've never used godaddy hosting, but I transferred my domain to them when I wanted to change registrars. Like previously said, their support leaves a lot to be desired and in my case they couldn't handle private name servers regardless of my entering the correct info and IPs. Based on my experience I don't recommend them.

~ Don't mistake my kindness for weakness ~

• 1 month later...

Archived