• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Need help with a request page similar to contact us page.

RS Designs

Hello,

I am trying to create a page that is very similar to the contact us page but running into an internal server error when I hit the send button. (.....catalog/cable_request.php/action/send)

I got the page to display properly and added the files to the following:

-includes/filename.php

-boxes/bm_information.php

-english/../boxes/bm_information.php

-includes/cable_request.php

-english/cable_request.php

Here is the link to pastebin:

cable_request.php:    http://pastebin.com/PKpHeSFs

If you need more information please let me know. Also not 100% sure if I added the file name to every file it needs to be added to.

Thanks,

I think your page should be at catalog/cable_request.php, I don't see why you would have it under includes/

KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON

I do not use the responsive bootstrap version since i coded my responsive version earlier, but i have bought every 28d of code package to support burts effort and keep this forum alive (albeit more like on life support).

So if you are still here ? What are you waiting for ?!

Find the most frequent unique errors to fix:

grep "PHP" php_error_log.txt | sed "s/^.* PHP/PHP/g" |grep "line" |sort | uniq -c | sort -r > counterrors.txt

That page is under catalog not includes ( just wrote wrong one on here) I am still trying to get it to work but it is seeming like its the "send" process that is causing the error but not sure why.

Anyone got any ideas?

You have an incorrect form name for the messagestack errors, though that won't cause the problem you are seeing if the code is working correctly. Try placing die('in get'); after the $error = false; statement to see if the form is being submitted correctly. If the code doesn't die at that point, then you problem is in the form. Otherwise, it is in the form handling code.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

All of My Addons

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

@@RS Designs The easy way is just to move that die statement down the page, like before $error = false, tep_mail and tep_redirect. After each move test it. If you get the original failure, the problem is above the die. If not, it's below it.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

All of My Addons

Recommended SEO Addons

Hi,

I had a wholesale contact page with or without image upload being meaning to upload for ages.

So just uploaded now should not be hard to adapt for your needs if you want to go that way renaming the language defines would be quick and dirty LOL and adding a few extra fields if needed.

http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/9116

Regards

Joli

To improve is to change; to be perfect is to change often.

@@Jack_mcs

I am still trying to sort this error out but still no luck. it seems to be coming from the first line on code:

if (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['action']) && ($HTTP_GET_VARS['action'] == 'send') && isset($HTTP_POST_VARS['formid']) && ($HTTP_POST_VARS['formid'] == $sessiontoken)) {

I also just realized my 'contact us' page do not work either..... I am send emails from the send email on admin side.

will let you know if i make any progress.

Thanks for helping

• 3 weeks later...

@@Jack_mcs

I am still trying to sort this error out but still no luck. it seems to be coming from the first line on code:

if (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['action']) && ($HTTP_GET_VARS['action'] == 'send') && isset($HTTP_POST_VARS['formid']) && ($HTTP_POST_VARS['formid'] == $sessiontoken)) {

I also just realized my 'contact us' page do not work either..... I am send emails from the send email on admin side.

will let you know if i make any progress.

Thanks for helping

I am also having this issue .... I wish it can get resolved fast. I had several customers send me email through the CONTACT PAGE 

@@webguy_ddm Saying you have the same issue isn't helpful since several were mentioned. If you would like someone to try and help, please take a minute and explain the problem in detail.

Support Links:

All of My Addons

Recommended SEO Addons

@@webguy_ddm Saying you have the same issue isn't helpful since several were mentioned. If you would like someone to try and help, please take a minute and explain the problem in detail.

Sorry Jack,

my CONTACT US page is not sending out emails - http://dailydrivenmotoring.com/contact_us.php

I can wait up to 15 min with no emails

In my E-Mail Options (backend admin) I have the following settings

EMAIL TRANSPORT METHOD   - SENDMAIL

EMAIL LINEFEEDS -  LF

USE MIME HTME WHEN SENDING -  FALSE

VERIFY EMAIL THROUGH DNS --  FALSE

SEND EMAILS  -   TRUE

not sure if these are correct, also on the MY STORE (admin) I have placed my email in the SEND EXTRA EMAILS field

What if you wait 16 minutes? There is a setting in admin->Modules->Action Recorder->Contact Us for how long of a delay there is. I think it defaults to 15 minutes. Also, try sending an email from admin->Tools. If you can't send one from there, there is something wrong with the email address and/or code.

Support Links:

All of My Addons

Recommended SEO Addons

• 6 months later...

I found the DAMN error for my site. I am hosted with GoDaddy, and in the Cpanel there is a area where you need to make changes in order for any email hosted with Cpanel works properly.

in Cpanel go to MX ENTRY and make sure the REMOTE MAIL EXCHANGE is selected . click on Change button and its done

Archived