• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

(Request) - Editable Status Addon

Kelleren

Hey guys!

I have a long running OSC installation and I just got and idea for something that could make our world easier.

We have a nice amount of daily orders and almost 100.000 products on the site.

Many of our orders are complicated, missing stuff from backorders before we can ship it etc.

Right now I have to go into an order and read the comments field to know what is going on - I was hoping that maybe an addon was available that either added this info to the orders.php site or that let us make invididual order statusses for individual order like:

"Pending - missing X"

"Pending - missing Y".

That way we can quickly scan through the orders and pick the ones that is missing what we need.

Does an addon like this exist? I checked around and didn't find one

Michael Keller

Hi Michael

If I'm not mistaken the orders.php shows the the current order status of an order and you can even sort them by status with the dropdown on the top right.

You could create new additional orders status and assign them to each order once done you can sort them by the new created status.

To create a new order status go to Localization -> Orders Status and click "+insert"

Take a look at the orderlist contribution - It shows a lot more info than the stock order listing page

Now running on a fully modded, Mobile Friendly 2.3.4 Store with the Excellent MTS installed - See my profile for the mods installed ..... So much thanks for all the help given along the way by forum members.

so, logically speaking you want a status field for the individual product ordered to show how many you have/can deliver ?

and then you just run a report to see where ordered > delivered ?

KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON

I do not use the responsive bootstrap version since i coded my responsive version earlier, but i have bought every 28d of code package to support burts effort and keep this forum alive (albeit more like on life support).

So if you are still here ? What are you waiting for ?!

Find the most frequent unique errors to fix:

grep "PHP" php_error_log.txt | sed "s/^.* PHP/PHP/g" |grep "line" |sort | uniq -c | sort -r > counterrors.txt

if the products quantity is maintained, a negative quantity would mean something missing at the time of order.

I also have the order list contribution installed. I don't use it much, but it can be used to get a quick overview of all orders in a certain state for a given period.

KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON

I do not use the responsive bootstrap version since i coded my responsive version earlier, but i have bought every 28d of code package to support burts effort and keep this forum alive (albeit more like on life support).

So if you are still here ? What are you waiting for ?!

Find the most frequent unique errors to fix:

grep "PHP" php_error_log.txt | sed "s/^.* PHP/PHP/g" |grep "line" |sort | uniq -c | sort -r > counterrors.txt

No not exactly, it's a bit hard to explain.

Basically let's say I have 500 active open orders (happens).

Some are months old.

These are 5 random orders, all missing something underways from some supplier before it can be shipped / closed.

Order 1. Missing 1x spoon

Order 2. Missing 3x KNives

Order 3. Missing 2x Knives

Order 4. Missing 1x Fork

Order 5. Missing 3x Hats

RIght now all those orders all have the same status "In progress" / Pending.

I would make manual new statusses for them "Status: Missing Spoon", "Status: Missing Knife" - but with 100.000 products I would drown in the amount of statusses needed.
Instead what I would like is to either have the last comment written "hover" over the order when we highlight it (so we don't have to click and enter the order to have that info) or better be able to manually on the fly edit the order status out in the menu or inside the order itself.

So indtead of "in progress" I could write whatever as the order status and it would show up as such out in the menu.

POssible?

Possible for sure. Take the last written order status, and make it a tooltip so that when you hover over the status, the tooltip shows. All the code you need already exists, so have a think about it and give it a go, see where you get.

If it is not working, post back showing your attempt at the code.

Just wondering if Dr. Rolex jQuery/Ajax Advanced Order Handler 2.3.3 would do what you need

It is a complicated addon never used myself 

he mentions

"Order Comments will be displayable as a Bootstrap Tooltip - No need to open the order just to check what a comment says."

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/topic/396845-jqueryajax-advanced-order-handler-for-oscommerce-233/

and all fields are editable

I would ask in the forum if it would satisfy your needs he is online most days

Regards

Joli

To improve is to change; to be perfect is to change often.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Joli! I'll message him.

His module seemed quite extensive but I'll have a look.

What other modules are you guys using for order handling in here that could make my life easier?

Michael

Archived