• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

How to use full width header behind Top Buttons?

Hi guys, I'm new here and to OSCommerce - The install went swimmingly with no problems.

I 'd like to be able to use a full width header but when I do it pushes the 3 buttons "Cart Contents" "Checkout" "Ny Account" down so they are obscuring the top right module which is "Shopping Cart"

I realise this is probably a CSS fix and I have no trouble delving in to css or code files but I am no coder myself so if anybody could help me with this little layout issue it would reall make my day :-) (and hopefully help somebody else of course!!

Thanks (waiting with fingers crossed!)

Russ

Example below

#header {
height: 247px;
background-repeat:no-repeat;
background-image: url('images/header_background.jpg');
}

Regards

Joli

To improve is to change; to be perfect is to change often.

Hey John,

that's brilliant mate that did the job just fine! :-)

Would it be complicated to have the header going across the full width of the page without affecting the rest of the shop? This seem to be a popular design these days and would look pretty cool.. (obviously I know I'd have to resize my header image to something like 1900px) - is the way to do this to set a width at 100%?

Any suggesstions welcome! Thanks mate I owe you a Guinness!!

Best!

Russ

@@uncoolthreads

You can always add a new <div> above the <div id="bodyWrapper" class="container_24"></div>.  That way it won't be constrained to the grid template.

You can find that code in includes/template_top.php and the same would also apply if you wanted to add a full width footer.  Just add any relevant css rules for the new divs.

Matt

Archived