• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Where is sub-total calculated?

I'm having a small problem with my osCommerce install.

It works fine up until the payment section. But for some reason, for example, if I have an item that is priced at $60, the "order_totals" table is showing a price of 337!

I suspect the problem is somewhere where it is calcualting the sub-total. Where in the code does that happen?

Hi,

First of all, the calculation of the order totals should work out-of-the-box. One shouldn't need to hack the code to get it working. More likely there's an error somewhere in your settings like taxes. So check these before you start rewriting the code (of course you'll always be able to revert to the backup).

To understand what is happening, the code resides in

• catalog/includes/modules/order_total/
  • catalog/includes/classes/order_total.php

Thanks! Here's another wrinkle that I didn't realize at the time (and I should mention before I monkey with the code.)

I did a test run yesterday, and for domestic orders, it seems to be working fine. The orders that got screwed up were from Korea. Should that make any difference?

Have you set up Korea as a destination zone, is it included in the tax zones? Are the currencies set up correctly? Can you reproduce the error and if so, under what conditions?

Archived