• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Upgrading issue from v2.2 RC1 to 2.3.3.4

Hi Team,

My site was working well with osCommerce Online Merchant v2.2 RC1 and PHP 5.3. After upgrading to PHP 5.4 site was not working.

I have download the source code of oscommerce 2.3.3.4 and replace the code but it is not working.

Please guide me the step how can I upgrade my existing osCommerce site.

Thanks and Regards,

Bhavika

You could probably help the team by explaining exactly what isn't working...it is tough to be of help with the little bit of information provided.

Hi Team,

Thanks for the reply.

My site was working fine when in hosting server having php 5.3 with osCommerce Online Merchant v2.2 RC1, but hosting team has upgraded php 5.3 to 5.4 so in most of the functionality is  not working properly.

1) At the time of checkout,in next step billing address is getting display but if I refresh the page, it became disapear and session got expire. (checkout_payment.jpg)

2) When I am taking backup of database and deleting the backup file, got Error : ERROR_FILE_NOT_REMOVABLE. (FileNotRemovable.jpg)

3) Textbox editor (Like bold, italic, font size) are not working. (TextEditorPreview.jpg)

These type of errrors are coming and didn't solve even I have tried the possible solution of google search.

So I am upgrading the osCommerce version to 2.3.3.4. but after upgrading whole site is not working.

Please give me solution for the same.

post-329483-0-55998900-1403068008_thumb.jpg

post-329483-0-90850700-1403068017_thumb.jpg

post-329483-0-70457600-1403068029_thumb.jpg

Upgrading is probably your best option and while you've explained the problems you are having with v2.2 RC1 it is not clear what you have done with 2.3.3.4. I assume you downloaded the package on line and installed it....are you saying that a fresh install won't work for you or that you've modified it in some way and now it won't work? If it's the later you might want to go back to the working install and make a note of where the problem started...explain what is happening and maybe someone can point you in the right direction. If you are having trouble with the fresh install then let us know what steps you took and again what you mean by not working. Are you getting a blank screen or any kind of error message(s)?

I dont know how to upgrade. But I have upload fresh 2.3.3.4 and add the files which is not there in old site. It is not working mean showing blank screen.

Can you please provide solution or guide me how can I upgrade it?

@@Bhavika The upgrade works only hand by hand. Rc2.1 is too far from latest release to upgrade on a standard way. The better would be a new shop which based on old sql database and upgrade only the sql tables.

:blink:
osCommerce based shop owner with minimal design and focused on background works. When the less is more.
Email managment with tracking pixel, package managment for shipping, stock management, warehouse managment with bar code reader, parcel shops management on 3000 pickup points without local store.

Archived