• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Asking customers for more info at checkout.

dwburman

Hi,

I'm setting up my first oscommerce site, and I'm not exactly sure what I'm looking for, so it's hard to know what to search for.

Here's my intended scenario:

An employer buys a training session for one of his workers. During the checkout procedure (using PayPal), he inputs the employee name and password for the training. After the payment goes through, the employee can now enter the training site with his own account.

It looks like I will be able to connect the db from the training software (moodle) to the oscommerce db, but I don't know how to get oscommerce to ask the purchaser to enter the name and password for the actual user.

Is there a simple feature that I've missed or an add-on to enable this?

Thanks.

There is no feature that you can just "turn on" in the admin area to achieve this. You could possibly utilise the comments section of the checkout, but that may be problematic. Perhaps you could have text inputs on the product page (option types v2 springs to mind, not an addon I particularly like, but would do the job I think).

Other option is to add some extra inputs (like the comments box) as part of the checkout. So there are many ways to potentially do this, you need to decide on the best way, then find the addon/code that will enable you to make the changes to do this.

Archived