• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Admin is blank after uploading sessions.php V2.3.3 to V2.3.3.1

Tiff13

I'm upgrading from v 2.3.3 to v 2.3.3.1. I have logged into and checked Admin and store front side after each file upload. All appears to works fine, except after I upload admin/includes/functions/sessions.php. I get a blank page going to Admin and no password prompt.

I was logged out when making the updates.

Any ideas? Did I miss something other than the 6 modified files?

Thanks in advance.

Tiffany

Blank pages are usually caused by some error and when one has been uploading files, the most common error is that a file was copied where it shouldn't have been copied to. Like you copied a shop file to the admin section. Take a look in your admin directory to see if there is a file named error_log. If there is see what the last entry is. It should tell you want the problem is.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

It's the right file in the right place. My error log has this

PHP Warning:  session_start() [<a href='function.session-start'>function.session-start</a>]: Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at /xxx/xxx/public_html/xxxadmin/includes/functions/sessions.php:311) in /xxx/xxx/public_html/xxxadmin/includes/functions/sessions.php on line 174

line 174 of my updated sessions.php file is: return session_start();

Also seeing this error

PHP Warning:  Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /xxx/xxx/public_html/xxxadmin/includes/functions/sessions.php:311) in ... [font='Helvetica Neue', Arial, Verdana, sans-serif]admin/includes/functions/general.php on line 38 [/font]

line 38 in the updated file is: header('Location: ' . $url);

When I modified the original files everything was exactly as presented.

Hi,

mostly this error occurs, when there are spaces or new lines before the first <?php (at the beginning of the file) or the last ?> (at the end of the file) of one of the files mentioned in your error log. Try to remove those spaces/new lines in the files.

Also check, if there's an output (echo or print_r) before line 174 in your sessions.php.

AD

Sometimes when editing, or just browsing a file (and you incorrectly save instead of quit), you can accidentally enter spaces or lines at the beginning or end, or you have a stupid editor that insists on dropping a UTF-8 Byte Order Mark at the beginning of a file. This will result in sending some invisible text to the browser too early, which results in the HTTP headers being flushed too early, which results in the error message you see when osC code tries to send more headers later on.

Besides checking for leading or trailing blanks/spaces, check for a BOM in the file. Make sure your editor is configured to save files without a BOM.

Archived