• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

cannot add categories/products in 2.3.3.4

dayclerk

I have upgraded to 2.3.3.4 and now get the following error when I try to add categories/products:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function tep_get_manufacturers() in /catalog/admin/categories.php on line 810

Line 810 is this:

echo HEADING_TITLE_FILTER . ' ' . tep_draw_pull_down_menu('manufacturer', tep_get_manufacturers(), $HTTP_GET_VARS['manufacturer'], 'onchange="this.form.submit();" class="chosen-select"');

?>

Can anyone help? Thanks.

Hi,

well, the error-message says everything. The script wants to call a function ('tep_get_manufacturers()'), but can't find it.

It seems, the function ('tep_get_manufacturers()') is not part of the basis OsC, at least I don't find it in my version of 2.3.3.4.

Did you modify your store? If yes, check the modification. Re-read the install-instructions.

You say you've upgraded. Did you upload all files to your server and their correct directories?

AD

I think it is referring to the manufacturers.php file in the admin area. I did add the newadmin tool from the addons section, so I am thinking it has something to do with that. As you suggested, I am going to check to make sure all the files are in their correct location, and that all files are there.

I've downloaded the add-on, just for fun, and there's an tep_get_manufacturers()-function in the general.php-file.

I guess, you missed uploading this file or you uploaded it in the wrong directory.

AD

You're right, I missed the general.php file so I added it. Now I get the following on my Categories/Products page in Admin:

1054 - Unknown column 'p.products_cost' in 'field list'

select p.products_id, pd.products_name, pd.products_viewed, p.products_model, p.products_quantity, p.products_image, p.products_price, p.products_cost, p.products_date_added, p.products_last_modified, p.products_date_available, p.products_status, p.manufacturers_id, m.manufacturers_name from products p, products_description pd, products_to_categories p2c, manufacturers m where p.products_id = pd.products_id and pd.language_id = '1' and p.products_id = p2c.products_id and p2c.categories_id = '0' and p.manufacturers_id = m.manufacturers_id order by p.products_status desc, m.manufacturers_name, pd.products_name limit 0, 20

Well, I guess the contributor of this add-on missed some installation instructions.

And maybe a bit more than just a few instructions.

You can add the "products_cost"-field in the products-table (with phpMyAdmin), though I don't know which type of field it is. My best guess would be something similar to the "products_price". If you're lucky this was the last error-message, or you could unlock the next one.

If you want to use this "add-on", you should really try to contact the contributor.

AD

Thanks, AD. I tried contacting the contributor, but I don't know how to. I went to the addon page and saw his/her name, clicked on it, and all that came up was his/her contributions, no contact button or anyway that I saw to contact them.

I have gone over everything, double checking, re-checking, etc. to make sure I have done everything right, but , like you said, I guess they left some things out.

I think that since I don't have any products on the site yet that I will start from scratch and just reinstall OSC 2.3.3.4 without the addon. Maybe I will try it again later after it has been around for awhile.

Thanks again for your help.

Archived