• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Does anyone have a shopping cart working on globat.com?

orchard

I'm new to making online stores (but not computers) and if it's not going to work on globat.com, I would like to know now before I spend time on it.

It appears that osCommerce has many of the features that are missing in AgoraCart which is the only other one I have tried. Globat.com doesn't allow running CGI scripts from the https side of the web site (for reasons that I don't understand) so I can't collect money safely with ProPay and AgoraCart.

In olden times the men were made of iron and the ships were made of wood; now it's the other way around. :wink:

With no restrictions or special requirements, osCommerce is able to run on any PHP3 or PHP4 enabled web server, on any environment that PHP and MySQL supports, which includes Linux, Solaris, BSD, and Microsoft Windows environments.

Does globat.com offer that?

They have MySQL and PHP4 and are running FreeBSD.

They are supposed to have osCommerce installed and SSL.

Can osCommerce be installed using only FTP and HTTP?

In olden times the men were made of iron and the ships were made of wood; now it's the other way around. :wink:

OSC can be installed via FTP -- It is a little more work, but not a problem. If they already have OSC installed -- I don't see any problem.

Archived