8 replies to this topic

#1   burt

burt

I drink and I know things

• Community Team
  • 12,449 posts

Posted 12 February 2014 - 18:06

Member of the Year 2013

The votes are in and we're excited to announce the Member of the Year 2013! We'd like to thank the community for nominating members of the month throughout 2013 and for voting their favourite members for the year.

We actually have two winners to announce with the Member of the Year 2013 awards going to Gary (burt) and Jim (kymation)! Congratulations! On behalf of the community we would like to thank you for the dedicated and continuous support you have provided in helping many store owners and developers around the world with their online stores. We hope you enjoy your 12 month Community Sponsorship prizes!

1 month Community Sponsorship prizes also go to Ron (starbuck169), Peder (pederb), and Tim (clustersolutions) - thank you for submitting your votes for Member of the Year 2013!

Member of the Month Jan/14

We'd like to congratulate Heather (Mort-lemur) for being Member of the Month Jan/14 and Steve (14steve14) for your nomination. Both are rewarded a 1 Month Community Sponsorship!

Member of the Month Feb/14

We'd like to congratulate Gary (WebSource 5) for being Member of the Month Feb/14 and Steve (altoid) for your nomination. Both are rewarded a 1 Month Community Sponsorship!

Submit Your Nomination!

If you have been helped by a community member, please consider nominating them for Member of the Month - all Member of the Month winners are voted on at the end of the year to find the ultimate Member of the Year for that year.

Nominations for Member of the Month can be submitted in the following forum channel:

http://forums.oscomm...th-nominations/

Starting this year, all Member of the Month winners and a random community member that has nominated receive a 1 month Community Sponsorship prize!

We'd also like to thank the whole community for continuing to help each other out - we look forward to what the new year brings!

This is a signature that appears on all my posts.  It is not specifically aimed at you.

IF YOU MAKE A POST REQUESTING HELP...please state the exact version of osCommerce that you are using. THANKS

If you are still on the old style osCommerce, it is time to move to Responsive.

#2   altoid

altoid
  • Members
  • 1,406 posts

Posted 13 February 2014 - 02:20

Hey great and thanks for the month Community Sponsorship.

But even more, thanks so much to those that share their coding skills and general web site management concepts with the forum family. Without you folks, OsC would not be where it is today.
I am not a professional webmaster or PHP coder by background or training but I will try to help as best I can.
I remember what it was like when I first started with osC. It can be overwhelming.
However, I strongly recommend considering hiring a professional for extensive site modifications, site cleaning, etc.
There are several good pros here on osCommerce. Look around, you'll figure out who they are.

#3   kymation

kymation

Code Monkey

• Community Sponsor
  • 9,641 posts

Posted 13 February 2014 - 02:31

I what now? You've actually got me at a loss for words. For anyone who knows me, that's quite a trick.

Thank you all very much. I really enjoy being a part of this community and working with all of the great people here. Here's to another great year for osCommerce.

Regards
Jim

See my profile for a list of my addons and ways to get support.

#4   burt

burt

I drink and I know things

• Community Team
  • 12,449 posts

Posted 13 February 2014 - 11:09

Very well done to all, and sorry for the lateness of the announcement.

Let's try to make osCommerce a force to be reckoned with once again, this coming year.

This is a signature that appears on all my posts.  It is not specifically aimed at you.

IF YOU MAKE A POST REQUESTING HELP...please state the exact version of osCommerce that you are using. THANKS

If you are still on the old style osCommerce, it is time to move to Responsive.

#5   14steve14

14steve14
  • Members
  • 4,362 posts

Posted 13 February 2014 - 12:45

Many thanks. Just noticed the free months sponsorship.

REMEMBER BACKUP, BACKUP AND BACKUP

Find information about the bootstrap community version here

Success is the ability to go from one failure to the next without any loss of enthusiasm

#6   GLWalker

GLWalker

ıllıllı < /> ıllıllı

• Members
  • 864 posts

Posted 13 February 2014 - 22:10

Hey Hey Hey - Thanks so much. This year should have much to offer!

Follow the community build:

BS3 to osCommerce Responsive from the Get Go!

Check out the new construction:

Admin Gone to Total BS!

#7   Gergely

Gergely

Json Juggler

• Community Team
  • 2,113 posts

Posted 18 February 2014 - 20:53

Congrats everybody!

Next PHP changes will kill the current codes on the following years. We should do programing for the future and never stick in the present.

My addons: Conversion Tools::Hungarian Translation::Email Templates::URL redirection

Development Works: Setup Languages::Email Templates::Languages from ini files::Parcel Shops::Facebook App

What core codes have been complained?

In orders table payment_methods value would be better if payment class name used than payment's language name.
In the orders class we found order status does not contains $order->info['orders_status'] but instead there is $order->info['orders_status_name'], and that property is language dependant.
We can not identify in order the customer language.

#8   Ken_Shea

Ken_Shea
  • Members
  • 136 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 04:42

A bit late, just read it, but congratulations to all.

OSC v2.3.3.4
Encrypted Credit Card with CVV2 (Not to worry, I am PCI Compliant)
Catalog with Ordered Product Listing
Order# added to Admin Order List - Thank you Martin

#9   raiwa

raiwa
  • Community Sponsor
  • 1,780 posts

Posted 01 July 2014 - 09:22

Thank you all so much, never expected this.

Rainer