• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Vape shop e-cig session cookie help needed

Ardvaark

I need help with installing a simple session cookie. On load of my store I need a simple yes or no box to come up asking visitors if they are 18 or not before actually being able to enter the store. If they choose yes, a session cookie will be placed on the visitors computer for maybe an hour or until they leave the store. This is just to comply with regulations regarding the sale of nicotine containing products. There needs to be no real verification, just clicking the yes button. Something similar to discountvapers.com. I am unfortunately quite limited in my php coding experience. But over the last few days I have been studying the topic of session cookies. I also like the idea of FREE, I am aware of ~5 to 30+$ solutions. Would like to make it myself with a little help.

Thank you,

Peter

Assuming you are using the latest version of osCommerce, search google for:

jqueryui dialog cookie

You basically need to add a "dialog" into the /includes/template_top.php file with a cookie set to display it only once per session. You need it in template_top as you don't know which page the user will enter your shop on (eg could be a product page, not the index page).

If you come up with something good, please share it.

Archived