• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

FAQ Pages - recomendation/comments please?

UncleSteve

I have a non OSC faq page at present, but its past its usefulness, so need to seek a new one.

• I want to have various categories for the types of question.
  • I'd like to add questions via admin, rather than customers adding questions.
  • Question format needs to have line breaks or even wysiwyg (my old page will not allow line breaks, so everything is on one line - ugly), obviously the field needs to be as large, rather than limited to say 144 characters.
  • Answer section similar format to above.
  • Customer search facility.

I've seen contributions for FAQ pages and Article pages, but not found any examples that are live to see if any meet my needs. Can anyone come up with sugestions and links to possible solutions please?

Oh, I'm running PHP 5.3. Its not an option to upgrade due to the huge cost implications of having my site up-graded :(

Thanks for reading and any help/suggestions given :)

Hi steve,

I used the one from Fimble

http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/1106

2 x versions rc2 and 2.3...

can be seen working --> here

Regards

Joli

PS: would think that with a ckeditor install you would be able to format a bit more but not sure.

To improve is to change; to be perfect is to change often.

Thanks for the posts. I looked at the one, but not sure if various folders/categories can be created. As for the other, I can't see any examples. I suppose the only way to see what they're capable of is to install and test, but I think I'd need to set up a second site to do that, hence wanting to see examples before spending time on installs, only to find they're not what I want.

Just reading your post again maybe you would be better using an extra pages contribution as you seem to need a custom FAQ page/s

http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/1026

Here you can create pages and sub pages corresponding to your categories the links appear then in your info box example title ---> FAQ category-1

etc .

If you install the ckeditor the html editor will appear on the new info / faq pages so line breaks colour, text, tables etc is no problem.

Not sure if it suits your idea just a thought.

Good idea to test on a development site

Regards

Joli

To improve is to change; to be perfect is to change often.

Archived