I have been very happy to find osCommerce and have quickly developed a decent looking shop. I've done all the work locally on my Mac and am using MAMP to run the site. Everything seems to work like a charm.
Needing to move the site to my real host on 1&1, I took the following steps:
- Used phpMyAdmin to export the database
- Imported the export to the database on my 1&1 account
- Deleted the install folder
- Modified both configure.php files to contain the proper database connection settings for the remote site
- Zipped up the catalog folder
- Uploaded the zip file to the server at 1&1
- Unpacked the files so now all site files are residing in /catalog/*
The problem is that when I try to access the admin page, www.<site-name>.com/catalog/admin, and attempt to log in, I get the following error:
Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.
Please contact the server administrator, email@example.com and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.
More information about this error may be available in the server error log.
Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
I'm thinking that it has to be something in my /catalog/admin/includes/configure.php file that I didn't change correctly. I'm using the same database server credentials as the catalog configuration so I don't think it's that.
Also, once that fails, I need to clear my browser cache in order to re-attempt the log in. Is there some way I can disable that for my domain?
In general, is there a general procedure to be followed when moving a site?
Thanks in advance for any help!