• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

No Shipping Required

Dan1113

I've looked around and haven't found anything that would this (please point me in the right direction if I am wrong :)).

It'd be great if someone could make a contribution that would allow admins to designate some products as products that don't need shipping, so that if someone purchases those products, no shipping options would show up. Instead, text (written by the admin) could show saying that to get this product, you have to do this-and-that or something like that.

(I'm looking for something that would do this for my gift certificates...I want to be able to sell them as products but not have any shipping costs. I would create a gift certificate in the admin panel and email the customer who purchased the gift certficate the gift certificate code.)

Thanks!

Dan,

I don't think you set this in the admin panel, but if you go through checkout it bypasses the shipping page if you have only gift vouchers. otherwise if you have mixed items you see the shipping page. This is with gv4.2.

hth, Tony

Magic! No, I'm kidding....remember in the instructions it said to name them beginning with GIFT? I haven't actually looked at the code but I believe that is one of the "switches".

Dan,

Before you get too excited......I am using an older version of the GV but, I would check the instructions.....for my version they needed to be GIFT (all caps)

All in CAPS!

GIFT-$25 and GIFT$50, Etc. I was also going to change my tanning codes(still on todo to try.) to be prefixed with GIFT so it skips the shipping for those too.

hth, Tony

This is weird...

In the shopping cart, if it only has the gift voucher, the Checkout link takes you to checkout_payment.php (it says so in the status bar and source).

However, if you click it, it goes to checkout_shipping.php, as if something on checkout_payment.php is saying "you haven't been to the shipping page; I'll send you there!". :P

Any ideas?

Dan,

This is weird...  

In the shopping cart, if it only has the gift voucher, the Checkout link takes you to checkout_payment.php (it says so in the status bar and source).  

However, if you click it, it goes to checkout_shipping.php, as if something on checkout_payment.php is saying "you haven't been to the shipping page; I'll send you there!".  

Any ideas?

This is the way it works. The new version skips the shipping page so you don't see it. Try putting something else that isn't virtual in the cart and you will notice it goes to the other page like it is supposed to.

hth, Tony

Dan,

You will probably get an answer faster in the contributions channel of the forum.....For that matter, try a search for GV 4.2.....maybe it has already been discussed there. :)

Archived