• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Talk about a rip off!!

maybe he posted it here because he thought it was a community where fellow OSCers came to help each other...

alas, I too once thought that, but begin to wonder as the days go on.

The only thing necessary for evil to flourish is for good men to do nothing

- Edmund Burke

what you should do is change the images on ur site, like umm change their dirrectory name and keep the old images where they are. then what you do is u modify the old images to something that will really look bad on the other person who linked ur image onto their site.

They will get a funny looking suprise and they wont take ur stuff again.

Don't die with the music in you!!!

Failure is just another boundary to sucess!!! But that doesn't mean your getting somewhere...

there are some javascripts that might help you too - check the java sites

and this is a place where OSC'rs help each despite what you may think. but there are appropriate and inappropraite things

8)

Thanks for your comments, I did indeed hope to find some support here - having myself supported other fellows OSCers.

I changed the images that were hotlinked to state that the site owners were thieves and then emailed them. They removed their site, though from their reply they did not see too much wrong with what they did...

at least they removed stuff - unfortunately stuff like that happens all the time - does it make it ok to do, no, but some people just don't think and/or just don't care and figure no one is going to do or say anything about it

good for you for standing up for yourself with them!!!

I was reading up on .htaccess the other day.....If I remember correctly....You can use .htaccess to prevent hotlinking too. :D

I was reading up on .htaccess the other day.....If I remember correctly....You can use .htaccess to prevent hotlinking too.  :D

Thanks. Yes, but that too has it's problems. I once set up a site preventing hotlinking - it also prevented some visitors seeing any images at all! Due, I think to viewing behind a company firewall.

maybe he posted it here because he thought it was a community where fellow OSCers came to help each other...

I questioned the post as it could of been done one of two ways ... someone saying that to advertise those people ... which really would be bad. Or by the actual person they were stealing from.

Agreed. The ethos has changed. People are more interested in pointing out mistakes, rules and regulations than helping others.

Archived