• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Hi, i need some help with directory in php, everything works fine when i use wamp with localhost, but when i ftp my files to a webhost i get this error:

Warning: include_once(/admin/root.php) [function.include-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/username/public_html/index.php on line 2

I think that I miss something in my config.php file, but Im not really sure how I can fix this since Im very new to PHP, I only need some basic PHP atm to make stuff easier for me.

admin/config.php

http://pastebin.com/hZWLJJ3D

index.php

http://pastebin.com/VFRKGNGX

Appreciate all the help i get!

Possibly you have copied one or more WAMP files to your server account. Check that the files that you copied are all part of osCommerce.

Regards

Jim

See my profile for a list of my addons and ways to get support.

You have to go into catalog/includes/configure.php and catalog/admin/includes/configure.php and change settings

or an easier way is to backup your database on your home computer and then uninstall / re-install OsCommerce onto your server.

When you upload your files in ftp do not upload the above files!

These will be recreated for you on your server.

If you have modified Os Commerce extensively go with the first option, just make sure you have write access

Always backup your files! You will be glad you did

My add-ons :

SSPP Seperate Shipping Per Product v2.5| Support
Gift vouchers for SPPC 4.22 v2.1 | Support |
Catalog Infobox v1.0 | Sorry no support for Catalog Infobox |
HTML Mail v2.0 | Support |

Upcoming Add ons:

Addon Manager |
Separate Pricing Per Product Qty |
Coupon Populate |
EZ-PDF Catalog

ok looking at your pastebin codes, you must have installed a template. If this is the case, good luck!

Always backup your files! You will be glad you did

My add-ons :

SSPP Seperate Shipping Per Product v2.5| Support
Gift vouchers for SPPC 4.22 v2.1 | Support |
Catalog Infobox v1.0 | Sorry no support for Catalog Infobox |
HTML Mail v2.0 | Support |

Upcoming Add ons:

Addon Manager |
Separate Pricing Per Product Qty |
Coupon Populate |
EZ-PDF Catalog

Is this custom code? You are running on the real server with the site in /home/username/public_html/ (site root), but your file is being requested from /admin/. Was your osC installation on your PC really in the root directory /? Anyway, most likely your configure.php file is picking up the wrong DIR_FS_DOCUMENT_ROOT. You may have to hard code it to the right directory path (/home/username/public_html) if it doesn't pick up the correct path automatically.

By the way whether you're in osC 2.2 or 2.3, your Admin directory should be renamed to something unguessable, and the entry in configure.php changed to match. This is for security.

Archived