• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Product images too close to description text

jcallender

I have recently installed oscommerce on my website and am trying to get an online store started. marysdowry.co.uk

I have only uploaded one product at the moment, but have noticed that the product image is very very close to the description text (the text actually seems to overlap into the image)..

You will notice that I am using a template, I am using a template from freeoscommerce.com

Could anyone please help advise me how I can rectify this problem? ie. is there any way to make the product image a good distance away from the description text? I guess it is something to do with altering cell padding tags in the stylesheet.css or similar file, but I'm not too sure.

Thanks for any assistance

Edited by burt
remove external link to template provider and remove link to a wordpress site.

Oh, thanks for that suggestion Matt, but I am not sure how I should go about uploading the files you have specified. I installed OSCommerce 2.3 using a One-click-install service given by my webhosting provider, and as far as I know, I have uploaded all of the files associated with the template that I downloaded....

• 1 year later...

I have the same problem and can´t seem to find whatever I need to change in the stylesheet.css file. I have both /ext/jquery/jquery-1.4.2.min.js and /ext/jquery/ui/jquery-ui-1.8.6.min.js present. Please help? Thanks.

Regards,

Barbarella a.k.a The Mad Cat Lady

If the files are in the correct location, you have another problem entirely. It could be that those files have the wrong permissions set. Ask you host what permissions need to be for your webserver to show the files.

Use View Source in Firefox and click on each of the file links in the head section. If one or more returns an error page, look at that error and fix whatever it says.

Regards

Jim

See my profile for a list of my addons and ways to get support.