• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

column_right and footer won't load after php and MySQL upgrade

Irin

Hello,

I just upgraded to php 5.2.14 and MySQL5 5.1.52 and now my column_right and footer won't load. Also when I try to log into the admin, it shows the blank screen. Please help.

Thank you!

Probably your version of osCommerce is not compatible with PHP 5. We would need to know what version you have to recommend a fix.

Regards

Jim

See my profile for a list of my addons and ways to get support.

Change this line in includes/application_top.php

error_reporting(E_ALL & ~E_NOTICE);

to

error_reporting(E_ALL & ~E_STRICT);

This should let you see what errors are on the page. Just remember to change it back once you have finished.

REMEMBER BACKUP, BACKUP AND BACKUP

Thanks for your replies. I'm using v2.2 RC2a with manual updates to 2.3.1. I searched the forum and found the similar problems after upgrading to newer versions of php and mySQL. Following the fixes, I now have most of the problems fixed. However, there is still a problem remaining with "WISIWING editor" add-on. When I get to the login screen and enter the login information, the page just refreshes. No matter what I do, I can't go passed that login page. I tried to insert the code below into /OSedit/index.php file to see if there are any errors on the page. However, it doesn't show any errors and doesn't log me into the editor.

ini_set('display_errors',1);
error_reporting(E_ALL);

Any ideas of what might be wrong?

Thank you!

Archived