Photo
- - - - -

How do I add the Products URL to the Shopping Cart page?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
2 replies to this topic

#1   fleeced

fleeced
  • Members
  • 193 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 21:49

Hi,

I am looking to add the products url next to the product name in the shopping cart page.

Does anyone have an idea which code is required to put the product url on the shopping page to be shown as a button image saying "Check Manufacturer specification before ordering"(checkmanufacturer.jpg)

Thanks in advance

#2   al3ks

al3ks
  • Members
  • 288 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 23:24

Well the shopping cart by default shows a link to the product page. You could modify it to add the text "Check Manufacturer specification before ordering" if that's what you mean.

To do that you'd have to add the text to your language definitions in includes/languages/english/shopping_cart.php
like this:

define('CHECK_MANUFACTURER_NOTICE', 'Check Manufacturer specification before ordering');

And then modify the existing link in shopping cart to add that text.

in [catalog]/shoping_cart.php

find (or similar):

<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO, 'products_id=' . $products[$i]['id']) . '">' . $products[$i]['name'] .  '</a>'

And change it to: (this is with the language definition added in)

<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO, 'products_id=' . $products[$i]['id']) . '">' . $products[$i]['name'] .  '<br>' . CHECK_MANUFACTURER_NOTICE . '</a>'

Hope that helps.

Edited by al3ks, 30 July 2012 - 23:25.

Find this post helpful? Click the 'Like this' button. :)

#3   fleeced

fleeced
  • Members
  • 193 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 20:41

al3ks

Thanks but this just adds the words "Check_Manufacturer_Notice" underneath. I need an image next to the item description that when clicked directs you to the URL in the Products URL box of each product.