Photo
- - - - -

Cannot Upload Files when editing products

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
3 replies to this topic

#1   nsquared

nsquared
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 22:33

This is a weird one. I can upload images for a product and they appear in the store, but this I added the ability to upload images for a report. When you go to update the product it shows that it is uploading but at the preview you get the message "[img]https://lakehavasumotorcyclesales.com/admin/images/icons/warning.gif[/img] No new file uploaded."
Like I said, the product images will upload, but the report file will not. This code works perfectly fine on a different server where the store use to be. I have moved it to a new host. Here is the code for the image upload:
if (isset($HTTP_POST_VARS['products_image']) && tep_not_null($HTTP_POST_VARS['products_image']) && ($HTTP_POST_VARS['products_image'] != 'none')) {
$sql_data_array['products_image'] = tep_db_prepare_input($HTTP_POST_VARS['products_image']);
}

And here is the code for the report upload:

// BOF: Inspection Report Upload
if (isset($HTTP_POST_VARS['products_inspupload']) && tep_not_null($HTTP_POST_VARS['products_inspupload']) && ($HTTP_POST_VARS['products_inspupload'] != 'none')) {
$sql_data_array['products_inspupload'] = tep_db_prepare_input($HTTP_POST_VARS['products_inspupload']);
}

//add delete inspection report function
if ($HTTP_POST_VARS['delete_insp_1'] == 'yes') {
unlink(DIR_FS_CATALOG_IMAGES . $HTTP_POST_VARS['products_inspupload']);
$sql_data_array['products_inspupload'] = tep_db_prepare_input($HTTP_POST_VARS['none']);
}
//end delete incpection report function

// EOF: Inspection Report Upload

Confirmed all fiels exist in database. Any suggestions would be much appreciated, I am desperate at this point!

#2   nsquared

nsquared
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 03:21

Any help would be appreciated, even if I can hire a consultation, I just can't see where it is broken. Also, after I hit preview, it give the Uploading display and counts up to 100%, but at the preview screen there is the No New Files Uploaded message.

#3   kymation

kymation

Code Monkey

• Community Sponsor
  • 8,296 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 03:37

You're apparently using an old version of osCommerce as that code does not match the current version. All I can remember about that old code is:

1. Make sure that the form that posts the image includes 'enctype="multipart/form-data"'

2. The directory the images are being saved to needs the same permissions as the regular images directory (If you're using a different directory.)

Regards
Jim

My Addons

Banners Box Download Support
Categories Accordion Box Download Support
Closest Shipper 2.2x Support
Document Manager 2.2x Support
Generic Box Download Support
Get 1 Free 2.2x Support
Modular Front Page Download Support
Modular SEO Header Tags Download Support
MVS 2.2x Support
PDF Datasheet Download Support
Price in Cart Only/MAPP Download Support
Price Updater 2.2x
Products Specifications 2.3.x Development Version Support Bugs/Suggestions
Request a Review Download Support
Shopping List Download Support New!
Specials Image Overlay Download Support
Superfish Categories Box Download Support
Theme Switcher 2.3+ Support  Updated

#4   nsquared

nsquared
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 15:10

Thank you very much for your response. The reports are saving to the same directory as the images, so the permissions are correct. I did verify that 'enctype="multipart/form-data"' is used on all the forms. Since this works fine on a different server that I think is running PHP4, and this server is on PHP 5, could that be it?