Photo
- - - - -

Editing create_account.php fields

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
4 replies to this topic

#1   cloud4607

cloud4607
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 20:46

Hi all, i need help on how to edit 2 fields in the create_account.php file...
I need to modify the Name field and also the company name field (only the name, like a traduction), i've checked all the create_account files, but the form isn't in these files...
Now, where could it be?

PS: Sorry for my english, i'm from italy /smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

#2   DunWeb

DunWeb

The Censored One

• Members
  • 13,084 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 01:35

@cloud4607

The form IS in the /create_account.php file, but the language is found in the /includes/languages/english/create_account.php

Chris
:|: Was this post helpful ? Click the LIKE THIS button :|:

See my Profile to learn more about add ons, templates, support plans and custom coding (click here)

#3   cloud4607

cloud4607
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 06:13

Well, maybe i'm doing something wrong, but when i search for the tag <form action etc... there isn't on any create_account...

#4   multimixer

multimixer

Lemons or Melons ?

• Partner
  • 4,560 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 06:29

Forms in osCommerce are created using the tep_draw_form() function, in create_account.php this is
<?php echo tep_draw_form('create_account', tep_href_link(FILENAME_CREATE_ACCOUNT, '', 'SSL'), 'post', 'onsubmit="return check_form(create_account);"', true) . tep_draw_hidden_field('action', 'process'); ?>

However, to change the text labels of the fields, you need to modify the file as @DunWeb suggested

#5   cloud4607

cloud4607
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 08:01

Thanks /biggrin.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':D' />
On the localization tough, the strings for everything are in the <language>.php (on my version, 2.3.1) so i only edited that file and all done /smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />