• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

OSC 2.3.1 Admin Menu

Wizbits

Why or how would the menu column in admin (left hand side) suddenly change from a rounded style box to a square style box plus have scroll bars appear. I made no changes to the stylesheet.css file! No other functions changed, just perplexed as to why? I attached an image. Any thoughts? Thanks.

post-200936-0-53118500-1342384182_thumb.png

It could be changed if you installed a template or some addon. The change is most likely to do with the jquery stylesheet.

Find this post helpful? Click the 'Like this' button. :)

Or you simply logged in using a browser that does not support CSS3 , like for instance IE8

Definately did not change stylesheet.css no any Jquery file. I am using 1e.9.

I have been adding my template over the top pice by piece.

Could it be that I left an old jquery in a template page which is making this happen?

Can't think of anything else.

Andy

Definately did not change stylesheet.css no any Jquery file.

So, you did not change any css or js file in folder catalog/ext/ while adding your template?

In fact a template can affect the admin area, since admin and front side use the same js and css for jquery UI. So, if a template is telling to to replace any of that files without taking care that you update the admin too, you will have similar issues like yours

MOST TEMPLATES, DO NOT AFFECT THE ADMIN SIDE. If properly coded, templates NEVER affect the admin side.

Chris

Chris, you know what template the OP has and you can say for sure that the template didn't require any replacements in the /ext/ folder?

I agree that this would be a bad practice, can't say anything about the percentage of properly or not coded templates, fact is, that this is still an option that would explain OP's issues

Hi,

Its an Internet explorer problem (IE9 on my setup), I have the same thing happening as well, but only in the Catalog Menu if thats of any help, scroll tabs etc

I have not updated any jquery files.

In Firefox and Chrome the menus drop down "nornally" without the scroll tabs.

I hope this helps.

Cheers!

Archived