Photo
- - - - -

OSC 2.3.1 Admin Menu

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
9 replies to this topic

#1   Wizbits

Wizbits
  • Members
  • 66 posts

Posted 15 July 2012 - 20:30

Why or how would the menu column in admin (left hand side) suddenly change from a rounded style box to a square style box plus have scroll bars appear. I made no changes to the stylesheet.css file! No other functions changed, just perplexed as to why? I attached an image. Any thoughts? Thanks.

Attached Files

#2   al3ks

al3ks
  • Members
  • 288 posts

Posted 15 July 2012 - 23:59

It could be changed if you installed a template or some addon. The change is most likely to do with the jquery stylesheet.
Find this post helpful? Click the 'Like this' button. :)

#3 ONLINE   multimixer

multimixer

Lemons or Melons ?

• Partner
  • 4,570 posts

Posted 16 July 2012 - 06:23

You either updated your jQuery or jQuery UI version and did not change the paths in admin/includes/template_top.php

#4 ONLINE   toyicebear

toyicebear
  • Community Sponsor
  • 6,399 posts

Posted 16 July 2012 - 10:14

Or you simply logged in using a browser that does not support CSS3 , like for instance IE8

#5   Wizbits

Wizbits
  • Members
  • 66 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 21:45

Definately did not change stylesheet.css no any Jquery file. I am using 1e.9.

I have been adding my template over the top pice by piece.

Could it be that I left an old jquery in a template page which is making this happen?

Can't think of anything else.

Andy

#6   DunWeb

DunWeb

The Censored One

• Members
  • 13,084 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 01:42

@Wizbits

A template does NOT effect the admin area. Maybe you uploaded a template file to the /admin directory in error ?

Chris
:|: Was this post helpful ? Click the LIKE THIS button :|:

See my Profile to learn more about add ons, templates, support plans and custom coding (click here)

#7 ONLINE   multimixer

multimixer

Lemons or Melons ?

• Partner
  • 4,570 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 03:37

Definately did not change stylesheet.css no any Jquery file.

So, you did not change any css or js file in folder catalog/ext/ while adding your template?

In fact a template can affect the admin area, since admin and front side use the same js and css for jquery UI. So, if a template is telling to to replace any of that files without taking care that you update the admin too, you will have similar issues like yours

#8   DunWeb

DunWeb

The Censored One

• Members
  • 13,084 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 03:39

MOST TEMPLATES, DO NOT AFFECT THE ADMIN SIDE. If properly coded, templates NEVER affect the admin side.

Chris
:|: Was this post helpful ? Click the LIKE THIS button :|:

See my Profile to learn more about add ons, templates, support plans and custom coding (click here)

#9 ONLINE   multimixer

multimixer

Lemons or Melons ?

• Partner
  • 4,570 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 03:56

Chris, you know what template the OP has and you can say for sure that the template didn't require any replacements in the /ext/ folder?

I agree that this would be a bad practice, can't say anything about the percentage of properly or not coded templates, fact is, that this is still an option that would explain OP's issues

#10   nedragdnuos

nedragdnuos
  • Members
  • 52 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 03:35

Hi,

Its an Internet explorer problem (IE9 on my setup), I have the same thing happening as well, but only in the Catalog Menu if thats of any help, scroll tabs etc

I have not updated any jquery files.

In Firefox and Chrome the menus drop down "nornally" without the scroll tabs.

I hope this helps.

Cheers!