• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

User input (personalization) attribute for products

billcbos

I have a product that will be personalized for the buyer. I need to have the buyer enter the personalization (a name or initials or whatever) they want when they are checking out the product. Is there a way to add an attribute that is user entered/modified? Or - how would you do this? Thanks.

Chris,

Thanks, I actually tried to follow the install instructions on the first contribution and realized it was for a different version.

I am a bit confused by the download and what steps I should take. I read throught the text file and see the multiple updates. The contribution includes two directories "drop-on-top files" and "catalog". Some of the same files are in both directories, and they also include some of the files in your text instructions. And then there's the sql file.

What would be the correct install procedure? I followed the instructions in your text file as that seemed to be pretty explicit. Is the sql for the image replace only or does that need to be run against the database? What about the directories?

Please let me know if you can as I am not sure how to proceed with the update. Thanks.

When I add a product to the cart I am getting an error:

Warning: opendir(images/temp/) [function.opendir]: failed to open dir: No such file or directory in /hermes/waloraweb015/b1343/as.missmolly/cart/includes/application_top.php on line 341

Could not open images/temp/

This is the letter b change in instruction #12.

OK, so I added a images/temp directory and it resolved the error. I was also able to successfully add the image replace which is working very nicely.

Right now however when I click on the add to cart it sends me to an empty shopping cart. I made all of the database updates, and used the text file to update my existing configuration. I tried the drop files but I was not able to access my admin console. I used a back up to restore my site (which left any new files in place) and reloaded the updates from the text file. That's where I am right now and I am not sure why the add to cart isn't working. Any assistance you can provide would be appreciated.

Since this topic is not about version 3, is not a "tip and trick" and is about issues you have with option types addon, I would suggest you read the option types support topic and if you can't find a solution you post to there

The issue you have is not new, the 2.3.1 version of that addon has some bugs and there are answers to others with the same issue

Archived