Photo
- - - - -

our new site looking for ideas / feedback

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
6 replies to this topic

#1   scooper5569

scooper5569
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 22:34

i would like some unbiased opinions about my website.

im toying with the idea of updating to the latest osc but would have to change the template.
so im wondering if i should just stick with this.
the sites only been live for a few weeks so i dont know how its going to perform yet

http://www.towerperfume.co.uk

there is also a mobile version at

http://www.towerperf...obile_index.php

ive just added that so im still testing it, once its tested ill add an auto redirect

thanks for looking

#2   germ

germ
  • Members
  • 13,921 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 22:42

How to Secure Your Site

Click the link above.

Your site is a hack just looking for a place to happen.....

Edited by germ, 11 July 2012 - 22:44.

If I suggest you edit any file(s) make a backup first - I'm not perfect and neither are you.

"Given enough impetus a parallelogramatically shaped projectile can egress a circular orifice."
- Me -

"Headers already sent" - The definitive help

"Cannot redeclare ..." - How to find/fix it

SSL Implementation Help

Like this post? "Like" it again over there >

#3   Praful Kamble

Praful Kamble
  • Members
  • 325 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 06:10

@scooper5569

Had a brief look and would like to suggest few things:

- Make site URL's seo friendly.
- Add Meta tags to home page and on whole site. (Recommend to install header tag addon)
- On home page right column there is vacant place below Manufacturer dropdown. I would like to recommend you should utilize that space to show best seller products/Custom search checkbox for price range, brands etc or to have customer testimonials or products review.
- With review you should ask customers to rate the product as it effects other customers buying behaviour.
- Activate Google analytic.
- Site map is also missing.

P.S. Your site is Grade D with over all performance score 68. You need to optimize your site to improve site performance.

Praful

Edited by Praful Kamble, 12 July 2012 - 06:21.

Like post..hit LIKE button.

osCommerce | Joomla | WordPress | Magento | SEO | CakePHP | CI

Guaranteed Website Speed Optimization!!

#4   scooper5569

scooper5569
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 10:21

thanks so far im looking into the changes now
anyone know if theres a mod for a drop down sort order box ie:
price high - low
price low -high
size small - large
size large - small
for product listings

#5   Praful Kamble

Praful Kamble
  • Members
  • 325 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 10:35

@scooper5569

Check for Sort order by drop down menu for product listing addon, might this will help you.
Like post..hit LIKE button.

osCommerce | Joomla | WordPress | Magento | SEO | CakePHP | CI

Guaranteed Website Speed Optimization!!

#6   vkd1980

vkd1980
  • Members
  • 62 posts

Posted 16 July 2012 - 11:39

@scooper5569

I have had a view of your site, My points are given
  • First of all, You should Secure your site either by Converting to v 2.3 or by Securing your Site
  • As you are using a free template provided by someone. you should double check whether its using the oscommerce original structure.
  • You can use any SEO as well as Header Tags Addon.
  • As you are using Mobile Version of Site, My recommendation is to keep both site's theme as same. Else customers may get confused
  • You have to redesign the template as Add to Cart and Details link are too small

#7   sapguy

sapguy
  • Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 18:41

It looks pretty good I think.

- Who are you? Are you a US based company (Edit, I see from the checkout process' currency amount that you are UK based)? I can't find out where you are based, consider adding an "about us" page. On the "Contact Us" I would expect an address and (preferably) a phone number to call if needed. If you don't monitor a phone, an answering machine is better than no phone number. In fact, most people don't call, but having a phone number adds credibility.

- I can go to your admin screen, you have to fix the security as others have mentioned.
- Unless there is a certain reason why you need this, I would remove these links: osCommerce template

designed by TemplateMonster.com |

3D Models

provided by Templates.com. This may just be what I think, though. I don't want my customers to click on a link and go somewhere else.

On your product page.

- I would remove "This product was added to our catalog on Thursday 01 January, 1970.". Even if the date was correct, I don't think it adds any value.
- "Add to Cart" should be a big button easy to see/find. The same goes for any "Checkout" link, in my opinion.

Shopping cart page:
- Create a big visible "Checkout" icon. And make it line up with the paypal logo, it looks a little unorganized as-is

In general, I think a guest checkout procedure should be available. I would prefer not to give up my e-mail address and a password. For sites I do not know, using regular passwords (many people recycle a few passwords) may be risky. Both Yahoo and LinkedIn failed to protect users' passwords.

While creating an account, I would:
- Remove male/female. If you really need this info, look at the customers' name instead.
- Birth date: Unless you need this info, remove it. Some customers may be sensitive about age. At least make it optional.
- Country: Default it to your target country if you have one. (Edit: You look like you are from the UK, I would default it to the UK unless you see significant international sales. I'm US based so I'm biased due to the large US market which us 90% of my sales).
- When I'm at the "Contact Us" page, the blue "Shopping Cart" text looks like a link but it is not clickable.
- Payment method: As a customer not using paypal, I would stop when seeing that "Check/Money Order" is the only payment option for me. I would add an onsite credit card processing functionality in addition to Paypal which you currently have. I think Paypal Website Pro does this for you.

Good luck! /smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />