our new site looking for ideas / feedback
Posted 11 July 2012 - 10:34 PM
im toying with the idea of updating to the latest osc but would have to change the template.
so im wondering if i should just stick with this.
the sites only been live for a few weeks so i dont know how its going to perform yet
there is also a mobile version at
ive just added that so im still testing it, once its tested ill add an auto redirect
thanks for looking
Posted 11 July 2012 - 10:42 PM
Click the link above.
Your site is a hack just looking for a place to happen.....
Edited by germ, 11 July 2012 - 10:44 PM.
"Given enough impetus a parallelogramatically shaped projectile can egress a circular orifice."
- Me -
"Headers already sent" - The definitive help
"Cannot redeclare ..." - How to find/fix it
SSL Implementation Help
Like this post? "Like" it again over there >
Posted 12 July 2012 - 06:10 AM
Had a brief look and would like to suggest few things:
- Make site URL's seo friendly.
- Add Meta tags to home page and on whole site. (Recommend to install header tag addon)
- On home page right column there is vacant place below Manufacturer dropdown. I would like to recommend you should utilize that space to show best seller products/Custom search checkbox for price range, brands etc or to have customer testimonials or products review.
- With review you should ask customers to rate the product as it effects other customers buying behaviour.
- Activate Google analytic.
- Site map is also missing.
P.S. Your site is Grade D with over all performance score 68. You need to optimize your site to improve site performance.
Edited by Praful Kamble, 12 July 2012 - 06:21 AM.
osCommerce | Joomla | WordPress | Magento | SEO | CakePHP | CI
Guaranteed Website Speed Optimization!!
Posted 12 July 2012 - 10:21 AM
anyone know if theres a mod for a drop down sort order box ie:
price high - low
price low -high
size small - large
size large - small
for product listings
Posted 16 July 2012 - 11:39 AM
I have had a view of your site, My points are given
- First of all, You should Secure your site either by Converting to v 2.3 or by Securing your Site
- As you are using a free template provided by someone. you should double check whether its using the oscommerce original structure.
- You can use any SEO as well as Header Tags Addon.
- As you are using Mobile Version of Site, My recommendation is to keep both site's theme as same. Else customers may get confused
- You have to redesign the template as Add to Cart and Details link are too small
Posted 24 July 2012 - 06:41 PM
- Who are you? Are you a US based company (Edit, I see from the checkout process' currency amount that you are UK based)? I can't find out where you are based, consider adding an "about us" page. On the "Contact Us" I would expect an address and (preferably) a phone number to call if needed. If you don't monitor a phone, an answering machine is better than no phone number. In fact, most people don't call, but having a phone number adds credibility.
- I can go to your admin screen, you have to fix the security as others have mentioned.
- Unless there is a certain reason why you need this, I would remove these links: osCommerce template
designed by TemplateMonster.com |3D Models
provided by Templates.com. This may just be what I think, though. I don't want my customers to click on a link and go somewhere else.
On your product page.
- I would remove "This product was added to our catalog on Thursday 01 January, 1970.". Even if the date was correct, I don't think it adds any value.
- "Add to Cart" should be a big button easy to see/find. The same goes for any "Checkout" link, in my opinion.
Shopping cart page:
- Create a big visible "Checkout" icon. And make it line up with the paypal logo, it looks a little unorganized as-is
In general, I think a guest checkout procedure should be available. I would prefer not to give up my e-mail address and a password. For sites I do not know, using regular passwords (many people recycle a few passwords) may be risky. Both Yahoo and LinkedIn failed to protect users' passwords.
While creating an account, I would:
- Remove male/female. If you really need this info, look at the customers' name instead.
- Birth date: Unless you need this info, remove it. Some customers may be sensitive about age. At least make it optional.
- Country: Default it to your target country if you have one. (Edit: You look like you are from the UK, I would default it to the UK unless you see significant international sales. I'm US based so I'm biased due to the large US market which us 90% of my sales).
- When I'm at the "Contact Us" page, the blue "Shopping Cart" text looks like a link but it is not clickable.
- Payment method: As a customer not using paypal, I would stop when seeing that "Check/Money Order" is the only payment option for me. I would add an onsite credit card processing functionality in addition to Paypal which you currently have. I think Paypal Website Pro does this for you.