• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Problems with shopping cart to checkout w/Paypal + WorldPay

Here's the scenerio:

On a PHP 4.2.2 RedHat Linux server with OsCommerce 2.2CVS 18-Mar-03 release with the PayPalIPN v0971 module, WorldPay 4.0 version 1.4 payment modules with the Zones International 28-Jan-03 shipping module.

Here's the problem:

Basically, orders aren't being transferred from the users shopping cart to the checkout when they go to the checkout system. Since installing the PayPalIPN module the orders that go via PayPal do appear to be showing up in the "Orders" display - but only with "PayPal processing" next to them (even if the order has been paid for). WorldPay orders aren't being transferred out of the users shopping cart to the Orders display at all (I've checked the database to confirm this), but this could be a problem with the WorldPay callback configuration (still investigating this) - but some checks/money orders aren't being transferred over either.

Any ideas what's going wrong, how to fix? I've tried searching this forum but came up blank... We are using osCommerce in a "live environment" so we need to get this problem fixed ASAP and my boss is on the brink of wanting to go for a commercial package. We did try using osCommerce 2.2MS1 but had the same problem with orders not leaving the shopping cart and appearing in the orders display - so either I'm missing a setting or there's something really funky going on... Any help is appreciated!

Sounds like you're having as bad a day as me :wink:

Could be two seperate problems - can't comment on the Worldpay side of things as I've never had a problem with it ... worked first time and seems to be rock-steady.

Paypal IPN on the other hand, I've had the same problem as you ... it never was resolved and I've just learned to live with it. At the time, Pablo who wrote the module, looked into it at great length and we came to the conclusion that the problem lay with the webhost. The IPN was being blocked at the host end. By looking at who's online? I can see the Paypal IPN visit often ... it just gives up and goes away eventually.

Perhaps contact Pablo direct? - great bloke, very helpful indeed.

Ali

www.freelollies.co.uk

I have noticed that you'll get "Paypal Processing" when the seller (ie you) is not a verified premier or verified business member.

One of my clients signed up for Paypal, and this was his problem. As an "unverified" member, you need to log into Paypal Admin to "claim" the money. As a verified member, this is done automatically for you.

As soon as my client became verified @ paypal, the Paypal IPN started working beautifully (with no coding changes whatsoever)...

Hope that kinda helps (on one of the problems anyway)..

Many thanks:

It looks like I'll have to contact Pablo re: PayPalIPN. The sellers account is an International Verified Business account and I made an actual order from another independent International Verified Business account (my own personal one). But I can see notify.paypal.com (65.206.229.140) trying to access /catalog/paypal_notify.php several times...

radders: I'll take your advice and try re-installing the checkout files from a fresh download and upload via another machine (ruling out a fault from this location totally).

Is there a "debugging view" or similar with osCommerce which would let me see what modules are trying to do what? I'm ideally looking for something like "confirmed order->copy data from shopping_cart to orders" and find out what should be calling it and why it's failing. Any idea of the function name/location?

WorldPay wise: I think I need to configure the DynamicCallBack URL setting: by adding it in the module itself and changing our WorldPay configuration - only problem is, is that we're using the same WorldPay account with a billing system called ModernBill (which is semi-compiled PHP code in Zend Optimiser format and difficult to change): hence I'm loath to make changes to three systems with being at least 75% sure it'll work...

I'll try the reinstallation tonight (UK time) and provide feedback - if only so the next person to have a similar problem knows what works and what doesn't. Many thanks (for now :) )

Archived