Photo
- - - - -

Please help I would like to upgrade

oscommerce online merchant v2

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
5 replies to this topic

#1   decalsonly34

decalsonly34
  • Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 22:52

I know theres lots of threads for installation and upgrading but really I don't understand them all!
I've been using my site for over 2 years now and it despiratly needs an upgrade. I belive Im currently using
osCommerce Online Merchant v2.2 RC2a

Can someone please guide me through the steps or the easy todo guide for this.

Thanks
Let me know if you need more info...
Katie

#2   DunWeb

DunWeb

The Censored One

• Members
  • 13,084 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 22:55

@decalsonly34

katie,

The v2.3.1 download contains and upgrade document. However, if your RC2a site is working for you, is secure and functional, then there is really no reason to upgrade it.

Chris
:|: Was this post helpful ? Click the LIKE THIS button :|:

See my Profile to learn more about add ons, templates, support plans and custom coding (click here)

#3   decalsonly34

decalsonly34
  • Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 23:04

Hello Chris
Okay well I'm looking for more functionality? I thought with upgrading that would be possible... but maybe what Im really looking for is a different template?

??KT

#4   DunWeb

DunWeb

The Censored One

• Members
  • 13,084 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 23:15

@decalsonly34

Upgrading won't give you a different template. With RC2a, you can make changes to the layout from the stylesheet.css but a true template would have to be created for you or you can purchase a commercial template and then just import your database.

Functionality is a whole other story. Some contributions are easy to install, others require a little skill.

Chris

See my Profile to learn more about add ons, templates, support plans and custom coding (click here)

#5   decalsonly34

decalsonly34
  • Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 19:33

@DunWeb

Okay so I think I get it! I could get someone to help me with the .CSS to change the front end of things or purchase a template to do this for me? Because Im using an older version am I going to have trouble finding an template that will work?

Thanks
KT

#6   DunWeb

DunWeb

The Censored One

• Members
  • 13,084 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 19:49

@decalsonly34

PM Sent