• Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

how to get into my admin

drshats

@@drshats

is any customer support around

A little clarification for you.....

1) YOU are not a customer of osCommerce. That would imply you PAID for it. osCommerce is FREE

2) There is NO official support on this forum, any questions you get answered here are answered by VOLUNTEERS who offer free advice.

So, now that you know your place......I suggest trying the following:

• Truncate the administrators table (using PHPMYADMIN in your hosting account control panel)
  • Truncate the Sessions tables (same as above)
  • Ensure you DO NOT have .htaccess protection enabled until you are aware of the username and password.

Chris

@@drshats

A little clarification for you.....

1) YOU are not a customer of osCommerce. That would imply you PAID for it. osCommerce is FREE

2) There is NO official support on this forum, any questions you get answered here are answered by VOLUNTEERS who offer free advice.

So, now that you know your place......I suggest trying the following:

• Truncate the administrators table (using PHPMYADMIN in your hosting account control panel)
  • Truncate the Sessions tables (same as above)
  • Ensure you DO NOT have .htaccess protection enabled until you are aware of the username and password.

Chris

whats mean truncate

Presumably you restored a backup file from another user ID.

That is the problem.

What you need to do is not to re-installed the back-up administrator table.

Or, in Chris's word 'truncated' the table.

And, create a new administrator.

Presumably you restored a backup file from another user ID.

That is the problem.

What you need to do is not to re-installed the back-up administrator table.

Or, in Chris's word 'truncated' the table.

And, create a new administrator.

but to create a new administrator possible only from phpmyadmin?

As Chris has said, empty the administrators table using phpmyadmin. Once empty go to your store admin page using your browser. You will be asked to create a new user name and password, Enter those details and login.

REMEMBER BACKUP, BACKUP AND BACKUP

@@drshats

If you change database passwords, then you will need to change the password in the two configure.php files. Not a HUGE problem......takes about 5 minutes.

Chris

You can have more then one admin.

So either

1. empty data base or

2. Add another admin by looking at the link I posted in My above comments.

Satish

Ask/Skype for Free osCommerce value addon/SEO suggestion tips for your site.

Check My About US For who am I and what My company does.

I'm having this exact problem. In my case I renamed my catalog folder, changed my configure file and re-uploaded. The store works great, but found I was locked out of my Admin. I followed the above directions and truncated the administrators folder in phpMyAdmin, but .htaccess is still keeping me out. I know DunWeb said:

@@drshats

... but can't figure out how exactly to do that? Can anyone please tell me how to disable .htaccess protection so I can reset my Admin credentials?

Thanks,

Brad

1. MAIN STEP

.htaccess protection can be found in some places. Switch off all htaccess password protections(important!) and start again.

2. Close browser and Open again.

3. Delete all admin users.

4. Start to log in. (generate new password and admin user when offer this the login page)

5. and wait at least 5 mins after modifications :-) if you missed the log in.

6. FINALY

give a new htaccess layer now!!!

Only one htaccess layer protection need for you and the htacces password and user name have to be the same when use in oscommerce admin login page.

i.e:

htaccess layer

user: XYZ

password: 1234

oscommerce admin have to use the same user-password pair!!!

user: XYZ

password: 1234

7. after some times you have to give user and password again into the new htaccess layer.

I have doing the same repairs for years successfully :-)

i.e: some servers cant use oscommerce htaccess layer only the built in hosting services (directory protections)

:blink:
osCommerce based shop owner with minimal design and focused on background works. When the less is more.
Email managment with tracking pixel, package managment for shipping, stock management, warehouse managment with bar code reader, parcel shops management on 3000 pickup points without local store.

I have other question - when I came to page "contact us" on a top of header sing:"Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at /home/content/42/8967942/html/contact_us.php:1) in /home/content/42/8967942/html/includes/functions/sessions.php on line 102" - what this and how to resolve?!Thanks!

Archived