Help with logo.

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1   Jacki

Jacki
  • Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 30 June 2012 - 02:36 AM

I am having trouble working out how to place my logo in my store. I have a new template on & it has a defult one that is just writing, but I want to add my own one. It does say in the install to do this, but I'm clueless as to the "code" I'm supposed to put in.

Step 5. Input your logo (if desired)

If you want to put your logo in place of the website name, you'll want to open includes/template_top.php and/or includes/template_buttom.php and locate <div id="website_name"></div>.  Simply place code to display your store's logo in place of the php that displays the store's website name.  If you need to tweak positioning, edit the corresponding code in the stylesheet.
If necessary, you can work your logo directly into the template image using the PSD, as well.

I have no idea what to put in here. Do I have to have to logo hosted in something like photobucket to upload it? I have no idea.... I'm rather thick & still learning.

<!-- Website Name/Logo -->
<div id="website_name"><?php echo '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_DEFAULT) . '">' . STORE_NAME . '</a>'; ?></div>

I really am learning, but just not in the right parts.

#2   DunWeb

DunWeb

The Censored One

• Members
  • 13,083 posts

Posted 30 June 2012 - 03:32 AM

@Jacki

osCommerce v2.3.1 allows you to upload your store logo from the admin area.  If your template does not, then it is a poorly coded template and I suggest you get a refund now before you spend too much time messing with it.

Chris
:|: Was this post helpful ? Click the LIKE THIS button :|:

See my Profile to learn more about add ons, templates, support plans and custom coding (click here)

#3   Jacki

Jacki
  • Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 30 June 2012 - 04:24 AM

I'm lucky I didnt pay for it then :) Yeah I kinda figured that if it was not as easy to upload my logo to it then it's not worth having. I so wish I knew how to make a template. I don't even know how to change the color of anything :(
I really am learning, but just not in the right parts.

#4   DunWeb

DunWeb

The Censored One

• Members
  • 13,083 posts

Posted 30 June 2012 - 04:52 AM

@Jacki

You should read the BASICS for DESIGN thread

Chris
:|: Was this post helpful ? Click the LIKE THIS button :|:

See my Profile to learn more about add ons, templates, support plans and custom coding (click here)