• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

I am not sure how to use a Chase Bank account with OSC to process Credit Card Payments

trebor0926

Hello, fellow OSC people,

I am in the middle of setting up a website to accept credit card payments, and I will be using Chase Bank

for the credit card processing.

I am not sure if I understand how this stuff works. I see there is the Authorize.net processor, but...

I have my website setup as a secured website, and I have been talking to my banker with Chase Bank,

but I am at a loss in understanding how Chase Bank will receive payments from the website.

sooo... Am I to understand that I will have to use one of the modules, like Authorize.net, to process

the credit card payments. This is just another fee that has to be paid out. I would hope that there

might be a Chase Bank module that I can just download and install into my oscommerce program.

Any help will be appreciated...

Robert

@@trebor0926

There is no Chase Payment module available on this forum, however if you can get Chase to supply an osCommerce compatible module you can use it. Remember, in many states in the USA and all provinces in Canada, PCI DSS Certification is required to accept direct credit card payments.

Chris

Thank you for your quick response.Chris.

So, I suppose this means that a person has to use a module, something like the AUTHORIZE.NET module, that already

has this PCI DSS Certification setup, in order for one to process credit cards?

With this thought in mind, I will continue to research in the manual for OSCommerce and search in the forums.

Thanks again

Thank you for your quick response.Chris.

So, I suppose this means that a person has to use a module, something like the AUTHORIZE.NET module, that already

has this PCI DSS Certification setup, in order for one to process credit cards?

With this thought in mind, I will continue to research in the manual for OSCommerce and search in the forums.

Thanks again

You can use the cc module. Please note that this is not PCI compliant and you have to take steps to ensure the saftey of the data. But many shops that have a real cc terminal or direct access to a virtual one use this method. I'm not suggesting you use it but it is an option. If you do use it, be sure to enable the cvv option (if it is not present, you need to upgrade it) and the split email option.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

• 1 month later...
  • 3 years later...

Chase Paymenttech can be used with Authorize.net. I switched to Chase a few months ago and they include the Authorize.net charges in their plan.

John as of 2/2/2016 Chase does not deal with Authorize.net. They have gone off and started doing their own thing. Orbital Chase Paymentech is what is called.

Now the question is .... I do see that there are two modules available for OSC for Paymentech, but is it compatible with OSC2.3.4? I do not want to add this module if its not working correctly.

PayPal module works great for now. But the idea is to have funds go directly to the bank account. 

Hi Jesse,

They had that when I signed up several years ago but when I asked them about Authorize.net they told me I could use it and it was easy set up.  Did you ask them to use Authorize.net?  The gateway fees are covered by Chase and I only pay Chase.  Call them and talk with somone, but I'm still using Authorize.net with Chase.  Ask for interchange plus pricing too.  Don't do the tier system setup if you can go interchange plus pricing.  I saved a lot when I switched to Chase.

I'm not really a dog.

Hi Jesse,

They had that when I signed up several years ago but when I asked them about Authorize.net they told me I could use it and it was easy set up.  Did you ask them to use Authorize.net?  The gateway fees are covered by Chase and I only pay Chase.  Call them and talk with somone, but I'm still using Authorize.net with Chase.  Ask for interchange plus pricing too.  Don't do the tier system setup if you can go interchange plus pricing.  I saved a lot when I switched to Chase.

John, I had Authorize.net two years ago, I had to get off that service because Authorize.net has its own transaction fees that are not part of Chase Bank. Some of the transaction fees based on $6,000 orders etc etc where well over $100. Calling Authorize.net to correct these issues was hard because they do not have USA reps. All my issues where first handled via email.... took 2 weeks to hear from them. Then I called them. That was a pain also. So I canceled the service.

Chase currently does not have any business with Authorize.net because of these issues the Chase business customers where having. So Chase decided to bring their program 'Orbital Paymentech' ... here is the catch. Chase Payment tech has support for all other ecomm open source platforms, but OSC is not one of them. YES there is an app created for the Orbital Paymentech for OSC, but when I asked Paymentech for my API information, Paymentech could not get that info for me.

This is why I am asking if anyone is using the Orbital Paymentech API, and how did you get your info form them?

@@dan-Cole How did you get your API to get your Chase Paymentech to work? 

@dan-Cole How did you get your API to get your Chase Paymentech to work?

@@webguy_ddm  I don't remember all the details but I know I ended up going back and forth with Authorized.Net and Chase...I actually found the folks at Authorized.Net easy to reach and talk to....I can't say the same about Chase....often I was given the wrong information but I persisted and got the appropriate codes set up in the end...my situation was further complicated since I was processing in CAD rather than USD.  I now use both currencies and both accounts have been running very smoothly for a number of years. 

Dan