• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

osCom sub-shop? Only certain categories on sub page

Fyod

Hey guys!

I have a fully functioning shop and what I would like to do is create an oscom filesystem copy under http://newstore.mystore.com.

The new store will be a duplicate with a different design and different (versions of) products.

But to be able to stay in one administration and allow users to shop in both "stores" under one id / customer / session, I need a way to only show a certain admin catalog category = certain products in subcategories in that "new store" category.

Not sure if I'm explaining this clearly. Is there a contribution for something like this?

Thanks for you ideas!

@@Fyod

The multi-store contribution might work with some updating but the shared log on is a nightmare waiting to happen as the OSCID is not transferable from shop to shop. What I would suggest, is post a link from your current shop to the new store for those customers to find it. They would have to create an account and log in separately but it is the most stable way to do it.

Chris

Even if I plan to use just one database?

Basically the backend (admin, database) will be only one. The frontend store is duplicated, but the "new store" is just a gateway to different product categories.

Only a couple links in the new store configuration will be edited to make it work, and I may actually use just one image folder for both. I'm pretty sure I can deal wit that.

What I don't know is what to change in index.php, product_listing, etc. to show products only from certain categories.

I think I saw a contribution for that a long time ago but I can't find it.

Pretty much got this working except I have one problem now. Is there any way to "carry" the cookie session from www.mystore.com to newstore.mystore.com?

Even though I only have one administration and everything is working fine, the customer needs two shopping carts. I need to somehow make a session for both so that products from either store will show up in both carts.

Example:

- add two products to www.mystore.com cart

- browse over to newstore.mystore.com (through a link) and add two more products

- go to newstore.mystore.com cart, see four products

- checkout

Not even by changing sql based sessions to file based (saw that in the admin but never used it) and directing sub-shop to main-shop sessions dir?

There's gotta be a way to "fool it" into the same cart session.

• 3 months later...

@@Fyod

Again, this cannot be done. Cookies are set for each installation and each session. Sharing the same database is not common practice either because of session control for each customer.

Chris

They aren't two different stores. I may have explained that wrong.

It is one store, which has a two "series" of products. The series are to be devided by the overall look of the store.

Product series 1 - black background, specific categories and products

Product series 2 - white background, specific categories and products different and not mixed with series 1

To accomplish this on the user interface, I've made the subdomain and it's own css, images, etc. to make it look like a different "theme" if you will.

The categories are set so that the products are not mixed betweeen the two series.

But in the admin it all is one database, one administration, common orders should be recieved from the two series.

^^ All of this works just fine as of now. I can PM you a link DunWeb

So everything is just fine, except the fact that the customer would have to log in again and make a second order if shopping in both "themes", though with the same user name and pass because this is in the same database.

-------

I think making a small change somewhere would be able to set the cookie for both, ie.

setcookie(tep_session_name(), '', time()-42000, $session_data['path'], $session_data['domain']);

to have $session_data['domain']) and $session_data['domain2']) maybe?

just make it

www.store.com and www.store.com/subdir/

instead of

www.store.com and subdir.store.com

Wow, such a simple solution and I didn't think of it.

Will try it tonight. Thank you.

Is there a way to have the url bar show "subdir.store.com", but actually be in "www.store.com/subdir/"?

This is solely to differentiate the url for the customer.

Archived