• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

What data is returned for getdata function of the left column modules?

nomail_forme

I'm recreating a template of 2.2 in 2.3.1. The Left column php in removed in 2.3.1 and instead modules are introduced. For the categories module I see this function -

getdata()

What exactly should be returned to this function?

I see it is a string. What should the string contents be?

@@DunWeb

This is what is originally returned

$data = '<div class="ui-widget infoBoxContainer">' .
		  '  <div class="ui-widget-header infoBoxHeading">' . MODULE_BOXES_CATEGORIES_BOX_TITLE . '</div>' .
		  '  <div class="ui-widget-content infoBoxContents">' . $categories_string . '</div>' .
		  '</div>';
  return $data;

The <div class=> is what i want to change here.

If i don't modify the function then how should i change the look of the categories column?

This is the case :

in 2.2 the template simply used a custom box class defined in the boxes.php called infoBox2 . In the categories.php it simply created a object of this class in the end of the categories.php to generate the categories column. The categories list is being passed to the class constructor . The code pertaining to it is shown below.

$info_box_contents = array();
$info_box_contents[] = array('text' => '<ul class="categories">' . $categories_string . '</ul>');
new infoBox2($info_box_contents);

In 2.3.1 obviously i can't just create the object without breaking the grid structure( which i managed to maintain so far) AND the module like functionality.

SO HOW DO I DO IT IN 2.3.1?

any Approach or atlernative ideas would be appreciated.

-Thanks for your answers so far

**edit**

I forgot to mention that there are almost NO differences between the 2 versions in the rest of the file. The only differences are that 2.3.1 is using the functions to add module functionality whereas 2.2 doesn't have the functions and the same code is just spread out through out the file AND the template has the last part of the code extra as mentioned above..

Solved it! :D :D

I did it by converting the HTML code generated by creating object to a string and passing that string to the function. I did it by output buffering in PHP. I was struggling with this all day . Finally done. The code is as follows.

ob_start();
new infoBox2($info_box_contents);
$data = ob_get_clean();
return $data;

Archived