Photo

Can this be done?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
2 replies to this topic

#1   mandom74

mandom74
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 21:10

A friend is developing a jewelry store online and it has been done using Spreeworks and she's interested in moving to OSC because of development issues. She wants to retail a similar look and feel to the site and I want to know if this is possible and how much it would cost to get a similar site implemented using OSC.

Her existing site is dev.ambertraders.com

The top 3 images are featured items.

The item images on the bottom left have a function where they can hover over the image and see the price/name. When they click on the item a large image with description and buy option appears on the left.

We want it to be similar to this though a popover would work. Her biggest concern is that she doesn't want the page to reload every time an item is clicked. Is there a way to get a similar functionality with OSC?

I'd appreciate any feedback as I've little experience with OSC.

Thanks!

#2   toyicebear

toyicebear
  • Community Sponsor
  • 6,412 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 00:30

Yes that could be made with oscommerce, mind you should be looking at using V2.3.1 unless you are a highly skilled coder since the current v3 version is just a developer framework release.

#3   DunWeb

DunWeb

The Censored One

• Members
  • 13,084 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 03:47

@mandom74

That site can be created with v2.3.1 but would require some custom coding to keep the same functionality.

Chris
:|: Was this post helpful ? Click the LIKE THIS button :|:

See my Profile to learn more about add ons, templates, support plans and custom coding (click here)