Photo
- - - - -

Make postage more if address is outside UK

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
6 replies to this topic

#1   Lovelock

Lovelock
  • Members
  • 105 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 22:45

Hello, i currently have my postage as free as have only been shipping to the UK.

How can i make it so that if the customer enters any address outside the UK the postage fee goes to £1.00?

Craig.

#2   DunWeb

DunWeb

The Censored One

• Members
  • 13,084 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 22:55

@Lovelock

Create a zone for all countries outside of the UK and then duplicate the flat rate shipping module, assigning the new module the new zone. Further, to ensure this works without mistakes, you should create a UK zone and assign your current flat rate module the UK zone.

Chris
:|: Was this post helpful ? Click the LIKE THIS button :|:

See my Profile to learn more about add ons, templates, support plans and custom coding (click here)

#3   Lovelock

Lovelock
  • Members
  • 105 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 23:12

@DunWeb thanks for the reply.

Bit confused though.

How do i make a zone for all countries except the UK?

When i go to: locations/taxes>Zones>New Zone...

Zones Name:

Zones Code:

Thats what i get, but in the country part its a drop down list?

#4   DunWeb

DunWeb

The Censored One

• Members
  • 13,084 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 23:28

@Lovelock

In Tax Zones click insert, create the zone name and click save, then open the new zone and insert the countries you want included in that new zone. Do the same for the UK if you want.

Chris
:|: Was this post helpful ? Click the LIKE THIS button :|:

See my Profile to learn more about add ons, templates, support plans and custom coding (click here)

#5   Lovelock

Lovelock
  • Members
  • 105 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 00:03

@DunWeb

Okay, so i made 2 new tax zones.

Number 1:

Name: Outside Uk

Number 2: Uk Shipping

-----

So, when i set the flat rate shipping module on tax zone number 2 for just UK, its fine and the test works because it charges £5.00

However, when i set it to the 1st one which is all countries, i get no shipping cost appear.

Any ideas? All i want it is so that any countries not in the UK have a shipping charge of £1.00...

Edited by Lovelock, 04 May 2012 - 00:04.

#6   14steve14

14steve14
  • Members
  • 3,506 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 08:38

Have a look at the add on here http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/4473

Its Royal mail deliveries and you could either copy the country zone and add them to yours, or you could set the postage of the 1st class to zero and adjust the prices of the airmail to work for other countries. Just a suggestion.
REMEMBER BACKUP, BACKUP AND BACKUP

Don't take life too seriously. no one gets out alive anyway

#7   Lovelock

Lovelock
  • Members
  • 105 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 10:30

Right, thanks for your responses.

After testing, it doesnt add shipping to any zones that have 'all countries' selected.

So... i have used the table rate module and left it so that every country sees £1.50 postage charge.

I then installed the flat rate module and made it so that it only shows for GB, ive then edited the text to make it easy to understand for the custom.

Currently, if you are from the uk, you will see both methods, but the £0.00 is the top and automaticly selected option. Also added a note so the customer knows to leave it selected.

If you are outside of the UK, you only see the table rate £1.50 charge.

Its fine for now, but im sure ill figure out how to only show the table rate one IF the customer is outside the UK.