Photo
- - - - -

Strange issues with OsCommerce 2.3.1

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
3 replies to this topic

#1   al3ks

al3ks
  • Members
  • 288 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 15:01

Hi everyone,

I have a very strange issue with my store ( I use version 2.3.1 ) First I thought it was the footer which kept going to the top of the page underneath the header, so i replaced all the files related to the footer but still the same.

But now I tried changing the heading names of info boxes, so I changed the definitions in the language files for the category box, and the headings only change when I click on a category. (no idea why, checked multiple times the language files and they're fine). Same for manufacturers box.

I tried replacing the ext folder from a new installation ( i made changes to mine) it didn't go to default, the changes i made previously were still there.

To me it is very strange, any ideas?

Edited by al3ks, 29 April 2012 - 15:02.

Find this post helpful? Click the 'Like this' button. :)

#2   DunWeb

DunWeb

The Censored One

• Members
  • 13,084 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 15:05

@al3ks

Box titles are defined in the /includes/languages/english/modules/boxes/ directory. However there are also some titles contained in the /includes/languages/english.php file.

Chris
:|: Was this post helpful ? Click the LIKE THIS button :|:

See my Profile to learn more about add ons, templates, support plans and custom coding (click here)

#3   al3ks

al3ks
  • Members
  • 288 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 15:07

Yes I know, the thing is I changed them before and it was fine, now this happens.
What about the ext folder? I restored the whole ext folder from a new installation, thinking that would restore the whole ui to default, right? but NOTHING changed.
Find this post helpful? Click the 'Like this' button. :)

#4   MrPhil

MrPhil
  • Members
  • 5,381 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 16:56

Did you clear your browser cache or Ctrl-F5 on the page? Maybe you're still looking at an old page copy.