Jump to content



Photo
- - - - -

separately uploaded image

separately uploaded image

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
24 replies to this topic

#21   xvoyance

xvoyance
  • Members
  • 87 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 23:32

Your contribution told me:
to update DB it is tep_db_query to be used instead tep_db_input
Many thanks.

Edited by xvoyance, 26 April 2012 - 23:33.


#22   GemRock

GemRock
  • Members
  • 2,074 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 08:15

it looks like the wheel sometimes does need reinventing if it doesnt fit for a specific purpose. /smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

Ken
commercial support - unProtected channel, not to be confused with the forum with same name - open to everyone who need some professional help: either PM/email me, or go to my website (URL can be found in my profile).
over 20 years of computer programming experience.

#23   xvoyance

xvoyance
  • Members
  • 87 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 14:29

it looks like the wheel sometimes does need reinventing if it doesnt fit for a specific purpose. /smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

Ken


Why ? Did the same problem happened before?

#24   GemRock

GemRock
  • Members
  • 2,074 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 20:07

nope.

ken
commercial support - unProtected channel, not to be confused with the forum with same name - open to everyone who need some professional help: either PM/email me, or go to my website (URL can be found in my profile).
over 20 years of computer programming experience.

#25   Stuart

Stuart
  • Members
  • 114 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 11:56

I did this ages ago with a bookstore site - I got a program called reader ware and a scanner - scanned all the books in and the program dragged all the images off the internet, then exported the full details of each book in a batch (in this case it was around 10,000-20,000 unique products) to excel and wrote a quick excel vba file to sort the exported file to easy populate format. I exported all the images to a folder, uploaded them all to the images directory ... I have already installed and modified an autothumb creator which worked on the fly. Then I ran easy populate and bingo the whole thing worked fine.

When the client wanted to add books, all he did was scan into reader ware adding the book to that database and run a script I had written to upload everything - he did this twice a day - mostly only making changes to the database for items sold, changed etc.

My advice - use easy populate and a proprietary library database - you can get them for you iPhone now and export them in delimited text - the images you already have so this is a really simple use of easy populate - all you do is copy and paste columns to the right place in a demo file which you download from your own server showing you which fields do what - its all column and line based so it would be easy to do manually for the first upload - you could do 100s of thousands of records like this in a few hours

Have fun