Photo
- - - - -

Update button does not work

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
6 replies to this topic

#1   kbox

kbox
  • Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 02:00

Hi,

I have had a customer point out that the update button on my shopping cart does not work. You click on the icon and nothing happens. The Continue Shopping and Checkout buttons do work. Is there anything I can do to fix it?

#2   DunWeb

DunWeb

The Censored One

• Members
  • 13,084 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 03:18

@kbox

Are you using a commercial template ?

You will need to recode the button to function correctly (more than likely the issue is the recently updated IE9)

Chris
:|: Was this post helpful ? Click the LIKE THIS button :|:

See my Profile to learn more about add ons, templates, support plans and custom coding (click here)

#3   jamiro

jamiro
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 20:43

Having the same or similar problem with 2.2 rc2, where shopping cart update buttons do not work correctly. If the shopping cart page has been inactive for a few minutes then the update (change quantity) button works once. Moving to another browser on some other site and then returning to the OSC shopping cart page allows the update (change quantity) button to work once for one item only.

After that all changes in quantity (after clicking the update button) return to the original quantity.

Curious and frustrating, too.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

#4   spooks

spooks
  • Members
  • 7,017 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 23:12

Could be a sessions issue caused by erroneous links, or badly written javascript, you need to post the code or a link
Sam

Remember, What you think I ment may not be what I thought I ment when I said it.

Contributions:

Auto Backup your Database, Easy way

Multi Images with Fancy Pop-ups, Easy way

Products in columns with multi buy etc etc

Disable any Category or Product, Easy way

Secure & Improve your account pages et al.

#5   kbox

kbox
  • Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 22:48

@kbox

Are you using a commercial template ?

You will need to recode the button to function correctly (more than likely the issue is the recently updated IE9)

Chris

Yes. I am using IE9 and so have my customers who are having the same issue. How does one recode teh button?

Edit - I have also tried in compatibility view and no luck either.

Edited by kbox, 24 April 2012 - 22:49.

#6   kbox

kbox
  • Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 15:16

I am still having this issue. Seems all my customers are having this problem now and it is costing me orders. How do you reprogram a button?

I am also willing to pay someone to do this and perhaps a few more things.

Edited by kbox, 04 July 2012 - 15:18.

#7 ONLINE   burt

burt

Vanquisher of Demons

• Community Team
  • 9,730 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 15:23

I am also willing to pay someone to do this and perhaps a few more things.

http://forums.oscomm...ercial-support/
IF YOU MAKE A POST REQUESTING HELP...please state the exact version of osCommerce that you are using. THANKS

Responsive osCommerce, join in:
http://forums.oscomm...rom-the-get-go/

--
Making your shop better, one osCommerce module at a time - get in touch, or get my newsletter every 1st of the month.

Big Bang Templates for 2.3.4