Photo
- - - - -

Admin Backend Graphs on IE do not show...

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
6 replies to this topic

#1   vashichino7

vashichino7
  • Members
  • 265 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 18:09

I have just noticed when I log in the admin back using Internet Explorer, the graphs disappear. On Firefox and Chrome, every works and looks good...

Anyone have any idea?

#2   GemRock

GemRock
  • Members
  • 2,074 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 18:38

no idea at all. IE (up to v9) is my default browser, nothing disappear.
Ken
commercial support - unProtected channel, not to be confused with the forum with same name - open to everyone who need some professional help: either PM/email me, or go to my website (URL can be found in my profile).
over 20 years of computer programming experience.

#3   DunWeb

DunWeb

The Censored One

• Members
  • 13,084 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 19:00

@vashichino7

The latest version of IE just underwent a patch update a few weeks ago. Upon it's release, there were several issues with osCommerce sites. Buttons and image problems to name a couple. Most of the issues were on modified sites where questionable code was used. I say questionable because some of the code was deprecated and / or just not correct. I found several templates with these issues.

Chris
:|: Was this post helpful ? Click the LIKE THIS button :|:

See my Profile to learn more about add ons, templates, support plans and custom coding (click here)

#4   GemRock

GemRock
  • Members
  • 2,074 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 20:08

(php) 'code was deprecated' has NOTHING to do with/does NOT affect browsers. i just updated my IE/Windows last week. disappearing images very obviously has nothing to do with browsers, if you really know how things work. browsers setup may have something to do with displaying some web elements such as pop up (statistic) graphics like that in osc 2.3.1 admin.

Ken
commercial support - unProtected channel, not to be confused with the forum with same name - open to everyone who need some professional help: either PM/email me, or go to my website (URL can be found in my profile).

#5   MrPhil

MrPhil
  • Members
  • 5,292 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 20:59

Chris didn't say "PHP". There is HTML code (tags, attributes) which is deprecated, and it is recommended that they not be used. And of course, there's always the great Microsoft IE versus Everyone Else battle of what standards to follow. Some browsers are more lenient than others in allowing poorly formed HTML code (including deprecated content) to render more or less as intended. Ironically, it appears that recent versions of IE are among the strictest in this regard. Also, IE (older versions, anyway) is famous for not properly displaying PNG images with alpha channel, or JPEG images in non-RGB color models.

#6   vashichino7

vashichino7
  • Members
  • 265 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 21:00

@DunWeb @GemRock Thanks guys, everything except the IMAGE doesnt show, its weird but the rest of the browsers do.

@DunWeb have you had a chance to look at your messages or email? thanks!

#7   GemRock

GemRock
  • Members
  • 2,074 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 10:35

i referred specifically to php deprecated code simply because, if any, its more likely than deprecated html tags, to have any affect on displaying html elements, given that the admin bit uses html 4.01 transitional - you notice them when/if you do a w3c html validation - unless you are looking for trouble to change it to xhtml strict.
to the OP, this is a non issue because you can just use non-ie browsers, there is no public access to admin.
Ken