• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

How do I enable usps Shipping Mod?

John_M

Forgive my ignorance on this subject. I have done a search and have not found the topic so here we go.

I have installed OsCommerce and trying to set up shipping. The only option listed in admin is flat rate, though other php files are in the mod folder.

My question is, How do I get usps to show as an option in admin so I can enable it?

Thank you, , , ,

John.

Thanks Chris, for some reason I had not seen that link.

When I click to install mod, I get the following.

Warning: require_once(includes/classes/xml_5.php) [function.require-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/combatk2/public_html/store/includes/modules/shipping/usps.php on line 13

Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required 'includes/classes/xml_5.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/combatk2/public_html/store/includes/modules/shipping/usps.php on line 13

Could the file be corrupt?

Thanks again.

Not sure if it is the right move to make, but I removed the offending call ***** // Incorporate the XML conversion library

if (PHP_VERSION >= '5.0.0') { // PHP 5 does not need to use call-time pass by reference

require_once (DIR_WS_CLASSES . 'xml_5.php');

} else {

require_once (DIR_WS_CLASSES . 'xml.php');

}****

The mod installed then, but have no idea if it will work right without the required files being included?

As I mentioned in the other thread, that will not work. You need the XML class to read the XML to/from USPS. I don't know why that file has gone missing, but there's a copy on my server if you need it.

Regards

Jim

See my profile for a list of my addons and ways to get support.

Thanks Jim. It installed ok, and let me config but when I tried to test the cart I got an error as soon as I clicked to checkout.

The page is opening fine now, and about to test the cart.

The option shows now, but cannot be chosen. I get the error below.

An error occured with the USPS shipping calculations.

If you prefer to use USPS as your shipping method, please contact the store owner.

That usually means an error in the setup. Check the support thread for the version of USPS that you're using. If you're using an old module, it probably needs to be updated to work with the latest USPS interface changes.

Regards

Jim

Ok, uploaded the usps methods 6_1a and refreshed the page. Now it tells me I do not have authorization to use the server which I am guessing means I should have put a password in the usps settings, which I went to admin to do.

Now, when I try to access the admin page I get :

Fatal error: Call to undefined function tep_get_version() in /home/combatk2/public_html/store/admin/includes/header.php on line 20

Did you uninstall the module before uploading the new one? You need to do that.

tep_get_version() is part of osCommerce 2.3.1. Are you running an older version? The version of the USPS module that you installed may not be compatible with your store.

Regards

Jim

Log into your Admin, then click Modules, then Shipping. Click on the USPS line, then Remove Module.

Regards

Jim

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the good advice so far, got the mod installed, but am getting an error on check out.

If you prefer to use USPS as your shipping method, please contact the store owner.

Ideas?

That's a generic error. it means there's something wrong with your setup, or with the ship from/to address. Check everything carefully. If you can't find it, try the support thread for the USPS module you're using -- maybe someone there will have more ideas.

Regards

Jim

The option shows now, but cannot be chosen. I get the error below.

We received that error when using another USPS shipping module. Turns out we had a negative number for weight, and it couldn't calculate properly. We are using weight in the attribute and just had entered the weight wrong. Fixing that solved the problem. So, you might look into that.

The error with the calculations was a bad keystroke in the zip of origin.

I have installed the usps rate v4 a few different times now and keep having the same problems.

Here is the error I get after the upload and enabling of the mod .

Warning: date() [function.date]: It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead in /home/combatk2/public_html/store/includes/languages/english.php on line 248

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/combatk2/public_html/store/includes/languages/english.php:248) in /home/combatk2/public_html/store/includes/functions/general.php on line 45

Archived