ebay oscmmerce

• Please log in to reply
68 replies to this topic

#21   tedbooks

tedbooks
  • Members
  • 165 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 19:29

are the shipping method correct for your ebay?

#22   stephens210180

stephens210180
  • Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 23:52

are the shipping method correct for your ebay?

It does look like that is what the error is pointing to, unfortunately I have not had an ebay store before (only sold 1 or 2 things on ebay in the past) so am a little unsure what is the minimum amount of configuration required with this contribution and on ebay to get to the stage where I am able to test the basics of this great contibution.

Like adding the categories in my ebay store do I need to change / add shipping details some where on ebay or even on OSC? Shipping is set to flat rate in OSC admin.

Seems like I'm nearly there and this is possibly the last hurdle to get over before I can get some products from my osc store across to my ebay store.

Any more advice will be much welcomed.

My main store will be OSC v2.3.1 but I am also trying this on OSC v2.2 RC2 at the same time.

Thanks,
Jamie

#23   tedbooks

tedbooks
  • Members
  • 165 posts

Posted 31 May 2012 - 03:09

http://developer.ebay.com/devzone/xml/docs/Reference/eBay/types/ShippingServiceCodeType.html
you must use the correct code for shipping.
i think that was the error that you posted

Edited by tedbooks, 31 May 2012 - 03:11.

#24   stephens210180

stephens210180
  • Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 31 May 2012 - 15:02

http://developer.ebay.com/devzone/xml/docs/Reference/eBay/types/ShippingServiceCodeType.html
you must use the correct code for shipping.
i think that was the error that you posted

Yep, got it working last night!!!

Noticed there were a few more bits of code and tags that were for Italy so change all to the UK versions such as for example (for others who may come across this problem):

In 'catalog/admin/ebay_addproducts

"IT_ExpressCourier" change to the shipping in your company - I use "UK_RoyalMailFirstClassRecorded"
Also change all other "IT....." references if your store in not in Italy to the correct ones for your country.

Helpful sites:

http://developer.eba...ceCodeType.html

http://developer.eba...s-Site_IDs.html

Thanks for the great contribution hozone and thanks Ted for your help.

#25   tedbooks

tedbooks
  • Members
  • 165 posts

Posted 31 May 2012 - 21:08

glad i could help.
i wonder if the ebay categories "not ebay store " works for you. i think iam having a little problem with it, as far as parents id being correct.

#26   stephens210180

stephens210180
  • Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 31 May 2012 - 23:33

glad i could help.
i wonder if the ebay categories "not ebay store " works for you. i think iam having a little problem with it, as far as parents id being correct.

Well I have just been adding some sub-categories (just a 2nd level down) on my ebay store. I have then gone to my OSC store --> ebay Get Categories and clicked on the "Update Categories" button but only the Parent/Top categories import, the sub-categories do not show (they are not in the OSC database) so I think we are both at the same stage!

I have not had any time to look in to this any further so far - just have to hope we'll be able to get it sorted.

Thanks,
Jamie

#27   ilosc6316

ilosc6316
  • Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 04:54

Hi,

I just tried to play with this contribution,but at the beginning stage,I always got the following error message:

Fatal error: SOAP-ERROR: Parsing WSDL: Couldn't load from '/catalog/admin/eBaySvc.wsdl' : Extra content at the end of the document in /catalog/ebay_common.php on line 244 Call Stack: 0.0019 433200 1. {main}() /catalog/admin/ebay_syncitems.php:0 0.0966 2362336 2. eBaySOAP->__construct() /catalog/admin/ebay_syncitems.php:125 0.0969 2366076 3. SoapClient->SoapClient() /catalog/ebay_common.php:244.

Any hint on how to solve this issue.

Thanks in advance!

Joe

#28   ilosc6316

ilosc6316
  • Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 08 June 2012 - 16:16

Ok,a little bit progress now.The error message disappeared,but when ebay get categories link wsa clicked ,there are no categories retrieved from ebay,and checked ebay_categories table in the database and didn't see any contents inside,it is empty.
When I clicked update categories butoon,I got the following error:
get categories error
get store categories error

Any advice on how to solve this problem?

Thanks!

Joe

#29   tedbooks

tedbooks
  • Members
  • 165 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 18:33

@ilosc6316

you should uncomment the two lines in the file to see where and what the error is.
// print "Request:<br>".ebay_formatxmlstring($client->__getLastRequest())."<br><br>";
//print "Response:<br>".ebay_formatxmlstring($client->__getLastResponse())."<br><br>";

#30   ilosc6316

ilosc6316
  • Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 16:13

@tedbooks,
Thanks for your instruction.
I almost gave up,but this morning I tried it again,to my surprise when I clicked the update category,then I got the following message:
17673 categories inserted successfully!
get store categories error

So that means the first step is successful.so now how can I get store categories?

Thanks and have a nice day!

Joe

#31   tedbooks

tedbooks
  • Members
  • 165 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 19:30

you must have an ebaystore and it must have categories

#32   ilosc6316

ilosc6316
  • Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 21:50

@tedbooks
Thanks for your hint.
I am going to set up an ebay store if I have time just for testing osc2ebay purpose to see how it works...

Joe

#33   hozone

hozone
  • Members
  • 175 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 11:50

i'm sorry but i did not recive notify for this forum /sad.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':(' />
osCommerce Italia support: http://www.oscommerceitalia.com

#34   clippers

clippers
  • Members
  • 86 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 12:15

Has anybody managed to use this with 2.3.1 yet,

I have tried using magnalister but it didnt work with Qtpro nor multiple images, has anyone manged to use it with Qtpro as i really need it
/w00t.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt='(w00t)' />

Edited by clippers, 09 July 2012 - 12:15.

#35   tedbooks

tedbooks
  • Members
  • 165 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 16:05

i have used it with 2..3.1. with the basic necessary modification . I have also developed a complete ebay management tools for the admin section based on this addon, which i am testing now. it can do almost everything. add feedback, answer emails, adding eBay orders to the shop and a lot more. almost everything that you can do from ebay.
i will release it soon for testing

#36   clippers

clippers
  • Members
  • 86 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 16:13

ohh sounds good, would it be usable with Qtpro, as i have a apparel site and need trackable attributes /whistling.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':-' />)

#37   tedbooks

tedbooks
  • Members
  • 165 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 17:15

@clippers
No this would open a new can of worms. as you have to use the variations in eBay. i have no experience with how these variations works in eBay and even how Qtpro works . since Qtpro is not part of the Osc then it might create conflicts which i assume it would.
i would think that each attributes should become a variation. then when a variation is sold it has to be deducted from inventory.
but to implement that logic means some major changes in the ebay2osc files.
can u explain how you list these item in ebay yourself?
or if you can give me a link to one of your items on ebay

#38   clippers

clippers
  • Members
  • 86 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 17:28

osc only allows you to make attributes but it doesnt stop sales of attirbutes if they become out of stock, ie i have 1 medium, 2 large 1 xl in stock and list them on my website as attributes med, large, xl ..... qtpro allows me to keep the ratio 1 med, 2 large, 1 xl and not sell any if attribute is out of stock where as osc allows you sell 2 xl's.

Ebay i use variations options like qtpro... med, large, xl and i also put in 1 med, 2 large, 1 xl

At the moment im removing stock by hand if one sells on ebay i remove it from the web, if one sells on the web i hand remove it from ebay,

i need something that allows me to sync the stock

lol sorry if that doesnt make sence

i'll send you a link by pm of my ebay listing

Thanks @tedbooks

#39   saykoserdar

saykoserdar
  • Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 31 July 2012 - 18:58

Hi,
I get the following error when I click on get categories:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '{' in ......./ebay_getcategories.php on line 67

It sounds like a simple syntax error, but the file looks ok.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance,
Serdar

#40   germ

germ
  • Members
  • 13,921 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 10:45

Post the code from the file, lines 57 to 77 (sometimes what you consider a "line" and what the PHP parser considers it are different).

Obviously something is amiss somewhere or you wouldn't be getting an error.
/huh.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':huh:' />

Edited by germ, 01 August 2012 - 10:46.

If I suggest you edit any file(s) make a backup first - I'm not perfect and neither are you.

"Given enough impetus a parallelogramatically shaped projectile can egress a circular orifice."
- Me -

"Headers already sent" - The definitive help

"Cannot redeclare ..." - How to find/fix it

SSL Implementation Help

Like this post? "Like" it again over there >