Photo
- - - - -

Using OSCommerce Add-ons with WP Online Store ?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
7 replies to this topic

#1   Biggie

Biggie
  • Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 14:20

Hi !!

I'm using WP Online Store and would like to know if it's possible to upload and use OSCommerce Add-ons ?

Thanks.

#2   Monika in Germany

Monika in Germany
  • Members
  • 4,903 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 14:27

Hi Biggie,

well ... you can add your own code but you will need to do it the WP way! The issue is, that should you make any changes to core files that are used for automated/or manual upgrades of your base modules, your changes will gone as full file contents are copied over existing ones.
:-)
Monika

addicted to writing code ... can't get enough of databases either, LOL!

my toolbox: Textpad - Compare and Merge - phpMyAdmin - WS_FTP - Photoshop - How to search the forum

Interactive Media Award July 2007 ~ category E-Commerce
my advice on the forum is for free, PMs where you send me work are considered consultation which I charge for ...

#3   Biggie

Biggie
  • Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 15:03

Hi Monika,

Thanks for your fast reply ! I've already tried the WP way, it didn't work, I always get the same message : "The package could not be installed. No valid plugins were found. Plugin install failed." I guess it would be easier to move my entire site to OSCommerce. I chose WP Online Store because it seems easier to configurate (themes), but it doesn't have that much features ! I have to think about it.

Thanks for your help

#4   Monika in Germany

Monika in Germany
  • Members
  • 4,903 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 15:08

Well the install would have to be done manually ... in any case, on WP or on osCommerce. There are plugins for the WP version, but of course they are not free ...
Monika

my toolbox: Textpad - Compare and Merge - phpMyAdmin - WS_FTP - Photoshop - How to search the forum

my advice on the forum is for free, PMs where you send me work are considered consultation which I charge for ...

#5   Biggie

Biggie
  • Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 16:44

How do you do it manually on WP ?? Maybe I should try. I've already installed 2 plugins for the WP version (Shipping and SEO), but not manually.

#6   Monika in Germany

Monika in Germany
  • Members
  • 4,903 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 16:52

well ... the files are osC files ... so manual updates are opening the files and making the changes like the contrib describes.

be warned once more: should a plugin update/upgrade be installed later, your changes may be removed!
Monika

#7   Juto

Juto
  • Members
  • 369 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 21:44

Hi Monika, and thanks for the pm /smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />
Just wondering, in wp.. isn't possible to just have a link to a osC shop?

Sara

#8   Monika in Germany

Monika in Germany
  • Members
  • 4,903 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 21:46

certainly ... it just doesn't help with it all looking the same. when osC for wordpress was created the purpose was to make it all very smooth look&feel wise, easily administered ...
Monika