• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1   outdoorgeek

outdoorgeek
  • Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 10:14

Hi Everyone

I am not sure if I am missing something but I was under the impression that if I have CKEditor installed I can use it to create and send Newsletters and Emails to customers within OSC 2.3.

If that is the case, then please help as CKEditor only "appears" when I edit product descriptions.

If it is not the case, which addon/module can I install to create and send great newsletters and emails which is easy to use with CKEditor within OSC 2.3.

Many thanks
George

#2   Mort-lemur

Mort-lemur
  • Members
  • 1,922 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 20:31

Hi,

I had the opposite problem - ck editor was on ALL text fields in my admin - so I found a thread about turning it off on all but the fields you want it on - maybe you have this change installed and need to turn on ckeditor in the code of newsletters etc.

Now running on a fully modded 2.3.4 Store with the Excellent MTS installed - See my profile for the mods installed ..... So much thanks for all the help given along the way by forum members.

#3   outdoorgeek

outdoorgeek
  • Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 06:41

Thanks, I'll go and search that thread.

#4   outdoorgeek

outdoorgeek
  • Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 15:35

A developer linked the lot (CKEditor, CKFinder, Newsletter Manager and Sending Emails) and then I tested a newsletter with Newsletter Manager and OMG does it look crappy!!

Now I am looking for a Newsletter add-on to send Specials and New Products emails to clients. Does anybody have an add-on suggestion?

I had a look at this one but am not sure if it can be used in OSC 2.3 and if it is great.