Flat Rates are not correct

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1   fqstore

fqstore
  • Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 05:52 PM

My flat rate prices are not matching up to the USPS web site.  I was told be a support guy on commerce that flat rates cannot be used here.  The download summary says otherwise.  Any input would surely be appreciated.  I have been trying to get live for weeks.  Newbie here on commerce.

Thanks
Don

#2   DunWeb

DunWeb

The Censored One

• Members
  • 13,083 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 06:50 PM

@fqstore

Flat rate shipping and USPS shipping are both shipping methods.  You offer ONE or the other, but not both unless you have created different shipping zones.  For example, if you customers in the USA are offered USPS shipping and you customers in Canada are offered flat rate shipping, this will work as long as you have two shipping zones set up (one for US states and one for Canadian Provinces).  So, your US customers will ONLY see USPS as a shipping option and your Canadian customers will ONLY see FLAT rate as a shipping option.

However, the TWO methods cannot be offered to the same shipping zone as the customer will choose the least expensive shipping cost.

Chris
:|: Was this post helpful ? Click the LIKE THIS button :|:

See my Profile to learn more about add ons, templates, support plans and custom coding (click here)