• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

We've created a mobile version of osCommerce!

PHPGenie

As more and more people are browsing the web on mobile devices like phones and tablets, we have quickly made the jump to mobile responsive design and development. However, we have decided to go that one step further and create a mobile version of osCommerce, which as you may have guessed, is going to make it a lot easier for your customers to shop with you not just from their computer, but also their tablets and phones.

Thanks to App stores people are used to purchasing products with their mobile devices and we don't see why it shouldn't be a common experience through osCommerce also. We have created a modified version of osCommerce v2.3.1 and it is compatible with all major modules. It will work on iPhone, Android and any other browser based mobile device.

his is the first time we believe it has been done with osCommerce, and we're so happy that we have made a major contribution to the osCommerce community that we are offering it for free! You can download it through github. We hope that people will contribute to it's development and help evolve this valuable piece of software.

If you're thinking about upgrading an existing osCommerce website or building a new one from scratch, we highly suggest making it mobile responsive to increase your sales by giving your customers more access to your store despite their browsing device.

get_it_here_button.png

news_moboscommerce_demo.png

hello,

i've commented on linkedin before, but I guess this is the better forum as it is more widely used.

I installed it on a test site of mine, and noticed that a second call for the mobile categories is made.

Since there are a lot of people that have wrapped their categories in ul lists, I was wondering if doing it the way listed on the page isn't more appropriate as it will save on server resources for many people

http://css-tricks.com/examples/ConvertMenuToDropdown/optgroup.php#

KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON

I do not use the responsive bootstrap version since i coded my responsive version earlier, but i have bought every 28d of code package to support burts effort and keep this forum alive (albeit more like on life support).

So if you are still here ? What are you waiting for ?!

Find the most frequent unique errors to fix:

grep "PHP" php_error_log.txt | sed "s/^.* PHP/PHP/g" |grep "line" |sort | uniq -c | sort -r > counterrors.txt

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys,

Its not completely perfect. We thought we would make a start.

If you go to the link beloew you can acceess the files:

https://github.com/phpgenie/mobile-responsive-oscommerce

There on Github.

Let us know what your thoughts are and if we can make improvments.

Cheers,

PHP Genie Team

Looks great! I tried doing a file compare, but since I have a very modified osc, not an easy task.

Do you have a summary of the changes compared to stock?

• 1 month later...

Looks great! I tried doing a file compare, but since I have a very modified osc, not an easy task.

Do you have a summary of the changes compared to stock?

I had a go at installing this on my modified osCommerce, I found that it didn't work well because of how modified the template was.

Here's a list of the files that I found were modified:

account_history_info.php

checkout_confirmation.php

checkout_payment.php

checkout_payment_address.php

checkout_shipping.php

checkout_shipping_address.php

stylesheet.css

includes/configure.php

includes/footer.php

includes/header.php

includes/template_bottom.php

includes/template_top.php

There could be more files that were modified, but I couldn't find them if that was the case. If there's more files that are modified from standard, please let me know as I really want this working on my store. :)

I had the same issue, Josh. Then tried creating a mobile version on an existing 2.3.1, with a htaccess redirect and linking to the same db as the www store. No success.

It seems this thread is not active...

I had the same issue, Josh. Then tried creating a mobile version on an existing 2.3.1, with a htaccess redirect and linking to the same db as the www store. No success.

It seems this thread is not active...

It's a shame as it works very well on a fresh install. :( There is a contribution for 2.2 that works with 2.3.1. The only thing you can't do is edit your billing/shipping address when you go to checkout.

I know. Can't use that one either. Ca 90% of my customers need to change the shipping address in the checkout. Selling gifts...

I guess we'll just have to wait.. or hire someone.

I've manually applied the changes to my custom installation, I used beyond compare to find the differences with a standard 2.3.1 install. I haven't documented the differences, but overall there weren't that many.

I remember a custom function is added to generate the mobile category listing

KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON

I do not use the responsive bootstrap version since i coded my responsive version earlier, but i have bought every 28d of code package to support burts effort and keep this forum alive (albeit more like on life support).

So if you are still here ? What are you waiting for ?!

Find the most frequent unique errors to fix:

grep "PHP" php_error_log.txt | sed "s/^.* PHP/PHP/g" |grep "line" |sort | uniq -c | sort -r > counterrors.txt

• 4 months later...

@@PHPGenie If you are going to post here about it, and link to it .. it should be uploaded here as a contribution [the rules].

Edited by FWR Media

• 1 year later...

Just thought I would share my experience with this Add-on.

It does NOT mention this in the readme so I feel like it's important to share...

This add-on has an install directory just like a standard install of osCommerce,

it will let you specify any database you like..

If you already have a database in place, and you specify that database at install time, the add on will completely overwrite it and fill it with the stock items without prompting!

I know it goes without saying to have backups before doing anything but with this one you better hope you did! :P