Photo
* * * * * 5 votes

Simple Checkout - for 2.3.1 (official support thread)

• Please log in to reply
364 replies to this topic

#121   varina

varina
  • Members
  • 36 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 01:18

@ Mark...

Darn it, tried it, no joy. Can't be that difficult, tried about 10 variations without a solution.

Any other ideas?

Timmy C

You have the right idea, you are just changing the wrong part of the code.

Find this:

<div class="left wid200"><a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO, 'products_id=' . $products[$i]['id']) . '"><strong>' . $products[$i]['name'] . '</strong>' . $stockCheck . $productAttributes . '</a></div>

and add this:

<div class="left wid200" style="padding-left: 10px;"><a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO, 'products_id=' . $products[$i]['id']) . '"><strong>' . $products[$i]['name'] . '</strong>' . $stockCheck . $productAttributes . '</a></div>

It has a padding of 10px. 20 is too much and will mess up the rest of the columns.

You also want to add the same to:
<div class="left wid200"><b><?php echo TABLE_HEADING_PRODUCTS;?></b></div>

Like this:
  <div class="left wid200" style="padding-left: 10px;"><b><?php echo TABLE_HEADING_PRODUCTS;?></b></div>

So that the heading and the info line up.

I also added a space between the product images too.

To do that create a new class under the <style> at the bottom like : .padtop5 {padding-top: 5px}

Then add it to the first div class for the shopping cart portion:

Here is my code as a reference:

echo '<div class="contentText padtop5">
			 <div class="left" style="width:' . SMALL_IMAGE_WIDTH . 'px;"><a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO, 'products_id=' . $products[$i]['id']) . '">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . $products[$i]['image'], $products[$i]['name'], SMALL_IMAGE_WIDTH, SMALL_IMAGE_HEIGHT) . '</a></div>
	   <div class="left wid200" style="padding-left: 10px;"><a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO, 'products_id=' . $products[$i]['id']) . '"><strong>' . $products[$i]['name'] . '</strong>' . $stockCheck . $productAttributes . '</a></div>
	   <div class="left wid75 t-center">' . $currencies->display_price($products[$i]['final_price'], tep_get_tax_rate($products[$i]['tax_class_id'])) . '</div>
	   <div class="left wid75 t-center">' . tep_draw_input_field('qty[' . $products[$i]['id'] . ']', $products[$i]['quantity'], 'size="2" data-pID="' . $products[$i]['id'] . '"') . '</div>
	   <div class="left wid75 t-center">' . $currencies->display_price($products[$i]['final_price'], tep_get_tax_rate($products[$i]['tax_class_id']), $products[$i]['quantity']) . '</div>
	   <div class="left wid25 t-right iconred mrt5 pointer" id="cartDelete" data-pID="' . $products[$i]['id'] . '">&#10008;</div>
	   <div class="clear"></div>
	  </div>';

Hopefully all of that made sense to you.. /smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

Edited by varina, 23 February 2012 - 01:21.

#122   surrfman

surrfman
  • Members
  • 363 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 03:54

I'm finding the product image to the left of the product description text is a bit large; image crowds the description. Any way to make the image display about 2/3 current size?

Timmy C

#123   varina

varina
  • Members
  • 36 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 04:12

I'm finding the product image to the left of the product description text is a bit large; image crowds the description. Any way to make the image display about 2/3 current size?

Timmy C

The image size is based on your Small Image Width and Height from the admin side, just like your product listing.

You could change it by defining a new image size for the shopping cart. You would have to add it to the configuration section of your sql database. The OTF Thumbnailer has instructions on how to create a new image size definition and add it to your database. It is in the bonus section of the installation instructions.

If you fix the spacing issues (like I described in the previous post) the checkout page looks much better.

#124   fulluvscents

fulluvscents
  • Members
  • 305 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 04:44

@apolyshow

This isn't a thread for the postcode contribution. You can either email me directly with the country/postcode that failed, or you can start a general thread requesting help with restoring the default osc countries and zones in your database. That is a general question that anyone can answer, but it does not belong in this thread.

@ggrant3

Writing a manufacturing mod for my back-end right now. (It's gonna be sweeeeeet). I'm looking at a solid few weeks on that. When I get back to the front end, I'll work on the shopping cart as well as discounts. Honestly, it might be a couple months before you see anything out of me, but that's not to say someone else can't try to navigate their way around and get something going.

@surrfman

Go to your admin panel, configuration, images. That's where you change your image size.

The pixel width of your spaces never changes. If you add 20 pixels to one column, then you need to REMOVE 20 pixels from another column for them to fit in the same space. Or, likewise, if you're adding 20px of padding or margin, you need to remove 20px of padding/margin/or usable space. Space allocation will vary from one theme to the next, but the amount of space available will never vary.

Tutorial aside, if you want to add a 10px padding (which I suggest over a 20px pad), then,
FIND:
<div class="left wid200"><a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO, 'products_id=' . $products[$i]['id']) . '"><strong>' . $products[$i]['name'] . '</strong>' . $stockCheck . $productAttributes . '</a></div>
Change to:
<div class="left" style="width:190px; padding-left:10px;"><a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO, 'products_id=' . $products[$i]['id']) . '"><strong>' . $products[$i]['name'] . '</strong>' . $stockCheck . $productAttributes . '</a></div>

FIND:
Change to:
<div class="left" style="width:190px; padding-left:10px;"><b><?php echo TABLE_HEADING_PRODUCTS;?></b></div>

if 10 doesn't work, then change it to 180 and 20, or 185 and 15 or whatever works. But, your item titles need to fit in the space you leave them.

#125   surrfman

surrfman
  • Members
  • 363 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 10:54

Ladies... Thanks for the input! Can't do the change in admin as I already use the small image width for the catagory images on the home page; also the specials and featured items are under SIW control. Tried Jetta's suggestion to add padding, & decrease width.... no joy!

@ Jetta

I have tried the changes to the header and checkout, you sent over. got rid of the extra set of buttons, while dropping the breadcrumb guys down a line, tried fixing it,,, darn thing just doesn't like me. IE just keeps doing an endless processing dance, Firefox returns a "Error : null" pop-up, clicking out of it, allows use of the page. I found something interesting, OPC adds a folder with checkout.php and several of it's buddy files; while OPC is turned off, there is code scattered yjrough out, could that be my problem? For now, I went back to my header and checkout files before your suggestion.

Is there a way too add something to the log-in box? I had a couple people run the through the buying process, both gave fedback that there needs to be some explaination of what is happening when the box pops-up, Maybe a text explaination as to what just happened, what the buyer is looking at, "welcome", How would I hake that happened? Most people aren't as intuative as us!

Back to sleep for a while... crazy me writing at 6:00 in the morn!

Timmy C

Why is it the what should be simple stuff is always a pain in the buttocks<

Timmy C

#126   surrfman

surrfman
  • Members
  • 363 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 14:12

wasn't cognicent in my earlier post, awake now!

there, if I remember, are a couple image sizes available in admin panel. I don't think I used the large guy (but might somewhere, will check later,) I could change the call out in the checkout file to that size then adjust it to the required at about 80 pixels square? If not, then go the route Varina suggested.

just me rambling, gotta do a morning road trip to Canton, Michigan, check in later.

Timmy C

#127   surrfman

surrfman
  • Members
  • 363 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 18:59

Drivin' I-96 the light bulb went off! what kinda trouble would I run into removing the bits and pieces of the old OPC and the PWA? I made copies of all the original files, could use file compare tool to make sure I wasn'rt missing something I changed.

What should I look for that might give me fits?

Timmy C

#128   apolyshow

apolyshow
  • Members
  • 244 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 09:01

Good morning
Ok i have sold it.
The problem was that i was not writting the postal code with the right way.
I was writting 25100 but i had to write 251 00.
So is it possible to put a warning for customers somewhere, something like " Carefful the pc must writting like xxx xx",
cause i think that if someones tryies to make an account with the "xxxxx" form he will never create an account...
Sorry if i disturbing you but i think that we must make a warning....
One amateur made the Arc, 5.000 pro made the Titanic...

#129   surrfman

surrfman
  • Members
  • 363 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 15:40

Working on cleaning out the OPC & PWA stuff. I kept a copy of the original files before doing any changes; ran all files through WiMerge to make sure I wasn't missing some changes made outside of the two rogue add-ons.

The bigger question, what should I do to the sql stuff, would it be the right thing to reverse the changes made? Looking at the sql files, there were a couple lines that asked for a DELETE; would it be correct to just change the file to read
INSERT, run just those lines or change everything, or will the changes where it was just an INSERT lay dormant and not effect store operation?

Am I getting in way too big?

Here is the top few lines (all the rest are INSERT) from OPC sql:

DELETE FROM configuration WHERE configuration_group_id=7575;
DELETE FROM configuration_group WHERE configuration_group_id=7575;
INSERT INTO configuration_group (configuration_group_id, configuration_group_title, configuration_group_description, sort_order, visible) VALUES (7575, 'One Page Checkout', 'Settings for one page checkout', 16, 1);
ALTER TABLE configuration CHANGE configuration_value configuration_value TEXT NOT NULL;
INSERT INTO configuration (configuration_id, configuration_title, configuration_key, configuration_value, configuration_description, configuration_group_id, sort_order, last_modified, date_added, use_function, set_function) VALUES (NULL, 'Enable One Page Checkout', 'ONEPAGE_CHECKOUT_ENABLED', 'True', 'Enable one page checkout?', 7575, 1, NULL, now(), NULL, 'tep_cfg_select_option(array(\'False\',\'True\'),');

Thanks guys for your input

Timmy C

#130   surrfman

surrfman
  • Members
  • 363 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 04:15

Another question: OPC added a folder, includes/checkout. is this "OK" to leave sitting there or should I delete the folder and contents?

Timmy C

#131   ocs1409

ocs1409
  • Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 17:26

a question

if i order a product which is not on stock or stock is not sufficient for the delivery i get
a parse error and the complete page with info goes complete screwed

is there a solution ???

greetings
eric

#132   surrfman

surrfman
  • Members
  • 363 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 23:02

Guys...

Figured out how to reduce the image size:

Run the following SQL:

INSERT INTO `configuration` (`configuration_id`, `configuration_title`, `configuration_key`, `configuration_value`, `configuration_description`, `configuration_group_id`, `sort_order`, `last_modified`, `date_added`, `use_function`, `set_function`) VALUES
(998, 'Checkout Small Image Width', 'CHECKOUT_SMALL_IMAGE_WIDTH', '80', 'The pixel width of small images in the shopping cart on the checkout page', 4, 9, '2011-04-28 15:42:49', '2011-04-09 15:04:33', NULL, NULL),
(999, 'Checkout Small Image Height', 'CHECKOUT_SMALL_IMAGE_HEIGHT', '80', 'The pixel height of small images in the shopping cart on the checkout
check your configuration table to ensure that the values 998 and 999 do not already exist, if they do then adjust them accordingly.

Around line 389 of catalog/checkout.php

Change this:

<div class="left" style="width:' . SMALL_IMAGE_WIDTH . 'px;"><a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO, 'products_id=' . $products[$i]['id']) . '">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . $products[$i]['image'], $products[$i]['name'], SMALL_IMAGE_WIDTH, SMALL_IMAGE_HEIGHT) . '</a></div>

To this:

<div class="left" style="width:' . CHECKOUT_SMALL_IMAGE_WIDTH . 'px;"><a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO, 'products_id=' . $products[$i]['id']) . '">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . $products[$i]['image'], $products[$i]['name'], CHECKOUT_SMALL_IMAGE_WIDTH, CHECKOUT_SMALL_IMAGE_HEIGHT) . '</a></div>
<div class="left" style="width:180px; padding-left:20px;"><a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO, 'products_id=' . $products[$i]['id']) . '">' . $products[$i]['name'] . $stockCheck . $productAttributes . '</a></div>

Around line 1519 of catalog/checkout.php

Change this:

<div class="left" style="width:<?php echo SMALL_IMAGE_WIDTH; ?>px;">&nbsp;</div>

To this:

<div class="left" style="width:<?php echo CHECKOUT_SMALL_IMAGE_WIDTH;?>px;">&nbsp;</div>
<div class="left" style="width:180px; padding-left:20px;"><b><?php echo TABLE_HEADING_PRODUCTS;?></b></div>

Then go to your admin and change the value for the size of the image; I found 75 worked best for me.

Thanks for all the help!!!

Timmy C

#133   surrfman

surrfman
  • Members
  • 363 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 04:26

Here is a quickie... After the SCO install, the left side call-outs (home, etc) are now separated by a different icon. How can I getg my original "chevron" styled icon back?

Timmy C

#134   oxwivi

oxwivi
  • Members
  • 251 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 11:05

Latest (1.6) SCO, still no radio button for PayPal but a big hateful Express Checkout button. Method to rectify, any?

Attached Files

#135   laptopskydd

laptopskydd
  • Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 20:25

I Hope someone can help me with this, i'm struggling with incorporating the "Date of Birth Pulldown" with this great contribution.

http://www.oscommerc...wn date of birt

The pulldown contribution looks like this:
Change:
<?php
  if (ACCOUNT_DOB == 'true') {
?>
			  <tr>
			    <td class="main"><?php echo ENTRY_DATE_OF_BIRTH; ?></td>
			    <td class="main"><?php echo tep_draw_input_field('dob') . '&nbsp;' . (tep_not_null(ENTRY_DATE_OF_BIRTH_TEXT) ? '<span class="inputRequirement">' . ENTRY_DATE_OF_BIRTH_TEXT . '</span>': ''); ?></td>
			  </tr>
<?php
}  
?>

into:

<?php
 if (ACCOUNT_DOB == 'true') { //  TOF Pulldown date of birth 1.5
$syear=1980;if (isset($HTTP_POST_VARS['dob_in'])){$syear=$HTTP_POST_VARS['dob_in'];}
?>
<tr>
<td class="main"><?php echo ENTRY_DATE_OF_BIRTH; ?></td>
<td class="main"><?php echo tep_draw_pull_down_date('dob_in', '0', '0', $syear, false, true, 1900);
					   echo '&nbsp;' . (tep_not_null(ENTRY_DATE_OF_BIRTH_TEXT) ? '<span class="inputRequirement">' . ENTRY_DATE_OF_BIRTH_TEXT . '</span>': '');?></td>
</tr>
<?php
}   /*   EOF Pulldown date of birth 1.5  */
?>

I found the section to modi fie in the billing_adress.php file.
if (ACCOUNT_DOB == 'true' && !tep_session_is_registered('customer_id'))
    {
?>
    <tr>
        <td class="main" nowrap><?php echo ENTRY_DATE_OF_BIRTH; ?></td>
        <td class="main"><?php echo tep_draw_input_field('billing_dob', (isset($customerAddress) ? $customerAddress['dob'] : ''), 'style="width:80%;float:left;"'); ?></td>
    </tr>

But i dont know how to merge it, any help is appreciated!

#136   LaChrize

LaChrize
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 13:37

Hi fulluvscents

first off all thanks for this good contribution. I try to integrate it on my shop... in fact i didn't try anymore. I integrated allready :).
I have to smal suggestions/questions:
- How to add the gender in the guest accout box. I wanna be polite if I have to communicate with my customers.
- is it possible to add a hidden field to flag that account as guest, so i can easly find guest accounts in the my admin area? I wanna delete perionicaly this accounts.

cheers LaChrize

#137   friendsofderek

friendsofderek
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 21:53

Hi, Sorry if this one has been already answered. I scanned through the thread but didn't see it.

I've installed the mod and it it looks good and is, with one tiny issue, working great.
I've got a funny with the confirm order button. For some reason I need to press it twice. I've tested it a few times with the guest account, new user and returning user and it seems to be the same for all of them.

I'm tried it using the latest version of firefox and chrome. I'm using Paypals standard payments module.

Has anyone else seen this?

Great module btw. I've been struggling to hack a couple of other simplier payment modules from 2.2 to 2.3 without much luck for weeks; then I stumbled over your mod by accident last night. Not only was it a piece of cake to install but it looks much nicer and does more things.

thanks,
Derek

#138   surrfman

surrfman
  • Members
  • 363 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 08:51

Getting this error went trying to proceed thru checkout just after logging in to account:

Error:null[Exception..."Component returned failure code: 0x80004005 (NS_ERROR_FAILURE)" nsresult: "0x80004005
(NS_ERROR_FAILURE)" location: "JS frame::https://www.discountegauges.com/ext/jquery/jquery-1.4.2.min.js::
<TOP_LEVEL>:: line 130" data: no]

Any Ideas on what this means, how to fix?

Timmy C

#139   kenkja

kenkja
  • Members
  • 251 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 19:02

Hello Jetta

I read with great interest your add on support thread, regarding my v2.3.1 site

For some time now I have been trying to establish a way of checking out without creating an account and more recently trying to send more info to paypal (my only payment option is paypal website standard)

Just to add a bit of background, I've searched the forums for "checkout without account" and other variations of this and mostly the searches always appear to come back to some form of simple checkout and I probably should have gone with the flow but found most of the threads I landed on, had to many issues raised or did not (for me) fully explain that they were "trying to" or could achieve checkout without account.

Mostly it seemed that simplicity was the deal, my friends tell me I have "aspergers", they are probably right as i could never connect the search to results.

Anyway recently, I've been trying to overcome the the lack of info about a sale included on Paypals confirmation of sale e-mail and also when logged on to paypal the info provided shows no details of the products actually purchased, and added to my site "Better Descripion for PayPal Payment standard" (http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/6783), which adds to the PayPal Confirmation of sale e-mail and to the transaction description within your paypal account - the product name and quantity.

The add-on relates to some fancy php concerning FixOrder, and searching for FixOrder brought me to your thread.

God this is long winded, even I think my friends are right now !!!

Anyway, what I wanted in the e-mail from paypal was "Product_model" ,"Product_name" , "Product_price" , "Product_tax", " Product_inctax_price" , "product_Qty" , "effectively qty X inctax price" , for every product line which had been purchased.

Nb. I know that some of my field names may not actually be in osc but i think you'll understand the drift.

Thats the scene set, I search for "FixOrder" and find your conversation with Varina.

So,

1. I think you contribution allows purchase without account

2. Can it be adapted to send more info to paypal

regards

ken
Os-commerce v2.3.3
Security Pro v11
Site Monitor
IP Trap
htaccess Protection
Bad Behaviour Block
Year Make Model
Document Manager
X Sell
Star Product
Modular Front Page
Modular Header Tags

#140   surrfman

surrfman
  • Members
  • 363 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 23:24

Where did everyone go???

Question, where and in what file do I place the paypal websites standard "buy now with credit card icons" to get it to display in the payments box on the checkout page? I assume maybe checkout_payment.php? I really don't want the feature in the shopping_cart.php page.

Thanks,

Timmy C