• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

USPS Rate V4, Intl Rate V2 (official support thread)

3 hours ago, TomB01 said:

Mine works with TM and the changes recommended by Smoky Barnacle above.

I'm surprised it works. The last update by USPS (last July) required those to be change. Maybe they removed that restriction.

3 hours ago, TomB01 said:

BTW, if you edit the database "configuration" table directly

Many, if not most, shop owners don't know how to edit the database correctly.  The safe way, and only way for some, is to do it via the module section.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

All of My Addons

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

USPS Rate V4 Intl Rate V2

I am not sure the change recommended by Smokey is 100% correct as it is only first class parcel that is being change to Ground Advantage, Also I believe that module is missing Retail Ground ... at least the version one client's had did.  Attached is our go at the changes for that module.

usps.php

osCommerce Official Partner
www.ozEworks.com

Hi OZ. Thank you. Module  is now working on Jeannie's Cottage. Trying to get it to work with another little site called Beanies n Buddies. Shows international rates via usps module but won't show USA rates. My IT guy is working on it, but your upload did work. Many thanks.

Well, after receiving an email saying that they (the customer) felt window decals should be sent first class rather than UPS, I discovered that the Post Office's change of 9 Jul 2023 had messed up our site's first class shipping also.

After researching here and reading all the comments since that time (9 Jul 2023) I now have my first class working.

Since I was a little confused as to what actually needed to be change here is what I had to do...

REMOVE the module in the backend (admin) area.  ENSURE you write down your USPS User ID.

OPEN <catalog>/includes/modules/shipping/usps.php

For reference MY FILE HEADER is

$Mod: Changed from Parcel Post to Standard Post 20130129 Kymation $
  $Mod: USPS API changes 20130729 Kymation v 1.3 $
  $Mod: USPS API changes 20140310 a.forever $
  $Mod: USPS API changes 20140802 a.forever $
  $Mod: USPS API changes 20140823 Kymation v 1.4 $
  $Mod: USPS API changes 20140907 Kymation & a.forever v 1.5 $
  $Mod: USPS API changes 20160119 a.forever $

Copyright (c) 2012 osCbyJetta
Released under the GNU General Public License

ON LINE 282
CHANGE

if( preg_match( '#First\-Class#', $request_type ) && $this->usps_weight < 16/16 ) {

TO

if( preg_match( '#USPS Ground AdvantageTM#', $request_type ) && $this->usps_weight < 16/16 ) {

ON LINE 528
CHANGE

\'First-Class Package Service - RetailRM\',

TO

\'USPS Ground AdvantageRM\',

SAVE and CLOSE the file.
REINSTALL the module in the backend (admin) area.

Hope this aids somebody else that may need assistance.

BJ

Edited by Chadduck

Thanks for clarifying the steps for your module.

Just note for others it depends on the actual usps module what needs changing.

If anyone is in doubt a grep between the versions I loaded and your own module will show differences.

There are online grep tools to use to compare.

osCommerce Official Partner
www.ozEworks.com

9 hours ago, ozEworks Support said:

Just note for others it depends on the actual usps module what needs changing.

This is very very true.  I was simply trying to assist with what and approximately where to look for the lines that needed to be changed.  

On 7/12/2023 at 11:17 PM, ozEworks Support said:

I am not sure the change recommended by Smokey is 100% correct as it is only first class parcel that is being change to Ground Advantage, Also I believe that module is missing Retail Ground ... at least the version one client's had did.  Attached is our go at the changes for that module.

usps.php 46.15 kB · 6 downloads

Will this current module as you have posted work on Phoenix and  oscMax?

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/17/2023 at 9:16 AM, Chadduck said:

Well, after receiving an email saying that they (the customer) felt window decals should be sent first class rather than UPS, I discovered that the Post Office's change of 9 Jul 2023 had messed up our site's first class shipping also.

After researching here and reading all the comments since that time (9 Jul 2023) I now have my first class working.

Since I was a little confused as to what actually needed to be change here is what I had to do...

REMOVE the module in the backend (admin) area.  ENSURE you write down your USPS User ID.

OPEN <catalog>/includes/modules/shipping/usps.php

For reference MY FILE HEADER is

$Mod: Changed from Parcel Post to Standard Post 20130129 Kymation $
  $Mod: USPS API changes 20130729 Kymation v 1.3 $
  $Mod: USPS API changes 20140310 a.forever $
  $Mod: USPS API changes 20140802 a.forever $
  $Mod: USPS API changes 20140823 Kymation v 1.4 $
  $Mod: USPS API changes 20140907 Kymation & a.forever v 1.5 $
  $Mod: USPS API changes 20160119 a.forever $

Copyright (c) 2012 osCbyJetta
Released under the GNU General Public License

ON LINE 282
CHANGE

if( preg_match( '#First\-Class#', $request_type ) && $this->usps_weight < 16/16 ) {

TO

if( preg_match( '#USPS Ground AdvantageTM#', $request_type ) && $this->usps_weight < 16/16 ) {

ON LINE 528
CHANGE

\'First-Class Package Service - RetailRM\',

TO

\'USPS Ground AdvantageRM\',

SAVE and CLOSE the file.
REINSTALL the module in the backend (admin) area.

Hope this aids somebody else that may need assistance.

BJ

Hi, where can I get that version you have of the usps file? I found one but it doesn't have this change $Mod: USPS API changes 20160119 a.forever $

Thanks!!

40 minutes ago, Chadduck said:

Thanks for answering, however i think the link is not correct, it says upsxml and not usps, i also searched on that site and there is a version but it doesn't have the change $Mod: USPS API changes 20160119 a.forever $ .