• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Enhanced Contact Us for 2.3.1

Mort-lemur

Hello Heater.

I have installed your contribution which works flawlessly on my OSC 2.3.3 website.

Then I had the (bad?) idea to install this: http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/8031

Being your nice contribution already installed, I paid attention not to modify the catalog section for contac-us and everything went smooth up until I run the configuration.sql file which returns the following error:

#1062 - Duplicate entry '1409' for key 1

Obviously, the http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/8031 contribution is not working as I do not get the recaptchas anywhere where I should (create account, write reviews, etc.)...

Have you got any idea of what to do to remove the error and complete the installation?

Thanks a lot in advance!

Mendoh

@@Mort-lemur... Hi there!!! Ran into a slight issue. when doing a send test, customer is sent to the success action page, where the "heading_title" appears from the previous input page. as there is only one class "pageHeading" for both pages/actions, how could i get rid of the "heading_title on the "success" page? it could be confusing to the customer.

Thanks a bunch,

Timmy C

@@mendoh in the sql file that you are running find the value 1409 and change it to a value that is not already in use in the database.

Then the sql file will run as it should.

@@surrfman not sure that I understand your question

Now running on a fully modded, Mobile Friendly 2.3.4 Store with the Excellent MTS installed - See my profile for the mods installed ..... So much thanks for all the help given along the way by forum members.

@@Mort-lemur

the intial Contact Us page displays a greeting line at top of page, called out as heading_title. Once Contact Us has sent enquiry, customer is taken to the Contact Us success page. The success page is defined as an action in contact_us.php. result is the customer views identical greetings, before sending and after. Would like to delete the greeting on the success page, leave just the "sent" acknowledgement text that appears under the undesired greeting on the success page.

Thanks,

Timmy C

@@Mort-lemur

Heater!

Many thanks! To tell you the truth, I already tried replacing the 1409 value without success because I probably inserted a value that was nevertheless already occupied in the database. After reading your reply I decided to give it another try by inserting a fairly higher value (e.g. 2409 instead of 1450) and that definitely did the trick.

Thanks again for your time

Mendoh

• 2 months later...

Hy People

My problem is, i can not receive e-mails sending by Contact us using gmail adress. If I us a other then gmail it works. I installed a new shop to try and there it is working. Also I made the check with the test.php and there it is also working. I have a ocommerce 2.3.1 shop. Any help?

@@Mort-lemur

Hy People

My problem is, i can not receive e-mails sending by Contact us using gmail adress. If I us a other then gmail it works. I installed a new shop to try and there it is working. Also I made the check with the test.php and there it is also working. I have a ocommerce 2.3.1 shop. Any help?

• 3 weeks later...

I installed your contribution and works flawlessly on osc 2.3.3.

Though I was unable to change the language in the recaptcha form. Any idea about how to achieve this change?

• 8 months later...

Just a note to say that this also seems to work on 2.3.3.4.

Now running on a fully modded, Mobile Friendly 2.3.4 Store with the Excellent MTS installed - See my profile for the mods installed ..... So much thanks for all the help given along the way by forum members.

• 2 months later...

Just a note to say that this also seems to work on 2.3.3.4.

Thank you for mentioning that! I'm running 2.3.3.4 and often run into mods where it's not clear if they support the latest release. I'm off to install it now....wish me luck!

Best & Thanks;
Marvin
----------------------
osCommerce 2.3.3.4 

Just an update - I installed it on 2.3.3.4 - it was very easy and it seems to work perfectly. I didn't use the captcha option (yet) but if I start seeing spam I will. Thank you so much for making this mod - it resolved an important issue in probably 20 minutes. Nice!

Suggestion? Don't know if it's possible but if someone sends an inquiry with respect to an order, and the site owner gets the email, could it not be made so that the inquiry email has a hyperlink to the order in question? Just a though, don't know if it's possible or not or even desirable.

Best & Thanks;
Marvin
----------------------
osCommerce 2.3.3.4 

• 3 weeks later...

@@Mort-lemur

Thanks for this fine contribution. Everything seems to work fine. When an email is sent from the contact us page, this is how it shows up:

MESSAGE_FROMxoxoxo

Date Sent: 20 Feb 2014 22:19:19

MAIL_IPxx.xx.xx.xxx

test number two

How to get "MESSAGE_FROM" and "MAIL_IP" to look like "Message From:" and "At IP:"?

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Has anyone managed to integrate the 2.3.3.4 Action Recorder code back into their Enhanced Contact Us (with reCaptcha) file? I'm trying but cant get the structure right. Would be a good thing by limiting the emails to 1 per 15 minutes... Any help appreciated. Thank you

-Dave